• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Grill Molding

darb

Here is a picture of the grill molding on my California Special. I am curious to know if this is the correct color and if it isn't, what is?

Also - there is an awful silver spot about were a Lucas lamp would sit (my vehicle has Marchal fog lights). How can I go about repainting this, and what color?

-Brad

Attachments

• DSCN0761.jpg
    DSCN0761.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 15

Talan423

the correct color for these grille moldings is "dark grey metallic". the raisd chrome piece on the molding does not get painted, it stays chrome. this "dark grey metallic" is also the same color as the actual grille. there is an entire section in paul newitt's latest book on the entire grille area. if you don't have one of his books i highly suggest it. i never would have been able to get half way through restoring my car without this book. it is WELL worth the money. the last i heard from him he still had some books left and they are very reasonable!! he checks in with this site once in a while, look for his e-mail address on this site.

68sunlitgold

Brad,
what Tom said is very true, Paul's book is invaluable. As for the rubbed off stop on your grille, I don't know what rubbed on it, but what you see is the chrome under the paint. All Ford did was take the original chrome grilles and painted them the gray color. It looks like something, maybe your wiring, rubbed against it and took off the gray paint revealing the original chrome. It is very easy to repaint the grille.
Doug