• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Looking for a '68 HCS or GT/CS Project

Ruppstang

The same thing going on with everything else we buy and yet they say inflation is low. I do not know what world THEY live in.

franklinair

It costs me about $20K+ to restore a GT/CS, and I do most of the work myself, so I don't have the financial burden of shop costs. A quality paint job, which I have a professional do (strip, repair, paint) costs about $12K. I do all the mechanical & electrical myself which includes all new suspension, engine O/H, electrical, upgrades, and interior. My Black CS restoration ran higher due to replacing many components precautionary. To start with a donor candidate @ $20/$22K is just not economically feasible. Ask me how I know.:smile:

Neil

Attachments

• DSC_7244b.jpg
    DSC_7244b.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_7283b.jpg
    DSC_7283b.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_7281b.jpg
    DSC_7281b.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 31

Ruppstang

That’s for sure. Try buying lumber.

About a year and a half ago a sheet of 1/2 OSB sheeting cost me $7.59 now it is $35.50.
A new home built to day cost $30,000 more than the the same home cost last spring. What is more crazy is that it is not slowing building down.