• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lower Console Parts Diagram?

NosAvrenim

Hi all!

I'm finally getting around to installing a lower console. It's something that's been on the wish list for a long time but other items keep taking the priority spot.

I picked up what I hope will be the starting point for putting together nice console (complete consoles are tough to find). What I have includes:
  • console frame
  • lower pad
  • silver insert for automatic transmission
  • ash tray
  • rear light
  • electrical for rear light, gear selector, and storage area

I know there are a number of parts that I need to complete the console (radio pad, roll door, selector plate, installation h/w, etc.). I have a line on many of these parts, but I'm still looking for a few.

Does anyone have a full list of parts that comprised of the console option? I want to ensure that I'm not missing anything as I go through this process.

Also, any tips/tricks for the installation or anything that I need to keep in mind as I go through this process?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Nate

CougarCJ

1968 Mustang Console Diagram

This is a snap of from the Ford Master Parts Catalog.
Almost nothing is the same from the non-console shifter assembly.
You will need a new shifter bucket, chrome lever, radio plate, shift indicator bezel, etc. Lots of parts. Grade A used undamaged radio plates are tough to find and expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_4041.jpg
    IMG_4041.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 58

1968Cally

You will need a new shifter bucket, chrome lever, radio plate, shift indicator bezel, etc. Lots of parts. Grade A used undamaged radio plates are tough to find and expensive.
My console was complete except for the rubber cup inserts for the seat belt pockets. Paid $70 on eBay for a pair of used ones that were in good shape. So yeah, expensive.

franklinair

I have a brand new, complete shifter for A/T consoles, and a shift indicator bezel.
IIRC, the shifter (new) cost $200+/-.

Neil

OP
OP
N

NosAvrenim

Thanks Scott! This is perfect. Any chance you also have the names each part number is? This would be a huge help as I track down the missing pieces.

Best,
Nate