• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Drove her home last night

joedls

I recently purchased a redfire 2007 GT/CS with a Rousch supercharger and a few other modifications. :grin: I purchased it from a member of this forum. Kevin was a great guy to deal with. He's a true car guy. His place in Visalia is full of treasures.

Well, I picked it up and drove it the ~240 miles home last night. What a blast. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: There was a Shelby GT in Bakersfield and a BMW M3 in Anaheim that found out just how special this California Special is.

Attachments

• GTCS34DRIVER.JPG
    GTCS34DRIVER.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 35
  • GTCS34REAR.JPG
    GTCS34REAR.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 22
  • GTCSFRONT.JPG
    GTCSFRONT.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 1amygtroushcharged.JPG
    1amygtroushcharged.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 42
  • GTCSINT.JPG
    GTCSINT.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 30

somethingspecial

VERY VERY SWEET JOE!!!!!! Now, Let's get the 68 fixed and ready for a show down. LOL. I like the color of the new one. How fast do you think she will go????? ;-P. Be Safe. Mike

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Even though she's fast, she doesn't have the punch the 68 had. But hopefully the 68 will be back in all her glory.

rvrtrash

Now you know you're not supposed to drive the family cars without my permission. I guess I'm just going to have to come down and take it away from you. :grin: :grin:

Dad

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Now you know you're not supposed to drive the family cars without my permission. I guess I'm just going to have to come down and take it away from you. :grin: :grin:

Dad

But Dad, I bought it with the money I saved up from my paper route. The money didn't come out of the family account. Can't I keep it, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Midnight Special

That is really neat Joe! Congratulations!!

Just tell Dad that you'll run to the store for him, or go pick up his meds & stuff like that... He won't take the car from you. Heck, he's gotta be thrilled that you're only six hours away now! ;-)

rvrtrash

But Dad, I bought it with the money I saved up from my paper route. The money didn't come out of the family account. Can't I keep it, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Oh all right! I'm such a pushover! :wink:

Dad

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Thanks everyone. I love this car!!!

I've been putting up Christmas lights all day today. The reason it has taken all day is because I kept getting interrupted by neighbors wanting to check out and talk about my car. I also had to give my kids rides, my wife a ride, and several of the neighbor kids.

CALIF GIRL

There was a Shelby GT in Bakersfield and a BMW M3 in Anaheim that found out just how special this California Special is.

And I am sure you drove the speed limit while showing these other cars the rear end of ur new CS.:icon_ecst

Now you know you're not supposed to drive the family cars without my permission. I guess I'm just going to have to come down and take it away from you. :grin: :grin: .

Dad does that mean I get it?.....pleassssse or at least drive it:wink:

Diesel Donna

I've been putting up Christmas lights all day today. The reason it has taken all day is because I kept getting interrupted by neighbors wanting to check out and talk about my car. I also had to give my kids rides, my wife a ride, and several of the neighbor kids.

Dang, I almost got to have a ride. So you went and got it on Saturday huh?
Looks great! I'm happy for you Joe!!

Midnight Special

...... I also had to give my kids rides, my wife a ride, and several of the neighbor kids.

Okay... How far down your street do we have to walk to get in line??

Joe, I really like the position of the lights in the grille! "Haven't seen that on newer Stangs. Did Kevin do that? I think it looks very cool :)

wally05

I think that is the CDC grille with the "shelby" center mount foglights. I almost did that to my CS when I had it. Isn't it a great car?!

Midnight Special

I think that is the CDC grille with the "shelby" center mount foglights. I almost did that to my CS when I had it. Isn't it a great car?!

...Indeed it is. Thanks for the response Wally.

Joe - 'Better watch your "six" more than ever! CAILF GIRL's gonna be watching you!

Attachments

• getjoe.jpg
    getjoe.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 20

rvrtrash

Dad does that mean I get it?.....pleassssse or at least drive it:wink:

I'm going to let him keep it for now, but I may have to bring it to you for a "Safety Inspection" just to make sure it's safe enough for him to drive. :wink:

Steve

Northern Pony

Very nice looking ride, and the fact you are taking friends for rides makes those of us from northern climes very envious.
BoB