• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

She's finally home....

dalorzo_f

Some happy snaps from post cleaning/waxing today... high sun and a crap camera made it hard to get good pics, but a few close ups to show some of the details... need to have a photographer friend arrange something once I get all the little issues sorted (like the hanging ignition switch, custom!!! :smile01:)

The EXP (a kindred soul to the GT/CS) is finally home. Running and "all there", just a few minor electrical issues, alignment and brakes to sort out before she's on-the-road whenever I feel the urge (and the sky is blue!)

Thanks to all here who provided input and support (and some parts!) during the build.

Hopefully these will inspire others to dream a dream and make it happen...

Custom "floating" fogs, made a hidden bracket instead of the chrome post.

EXP_500_Done_0%2014%20Large_zpszmqwhifr.jpg

OEM comfort weave deluxe interior. Bought the fabric from SMS and TMI made the custom upholstery as a special order.

EXP_500_Done_0%2012%20Large_zpsbqqhpghd.jpg

Black Shelby console was a "temporary" have a dark green custom one to swap in, the black goes back to the convertible.

EXP_500_Done_0%2025%20Large_zps8ugfngcb.jpg

Still need to look into a snorkel and heat shield for the engine, the missing snorkel just looks a bit off...

EXP_500_Done_0%2027%20Large_zpsoj3cam0m.jpg

AM will go once the new console goes in, have a OEM 8 track to put in it!

EXP_500_Done_0%2010%20Large_zpsytcnmk6r.jpg

Yes, the SHELBY lettering is not to stock spacing. Didn't like the OEM look so customized the spacing

EXP_500_Done_0%2024%20Large_zpsthtnv8hy.jpg

EXP_500_Done_0%2028%20Large_zpskfmfyr3l.jpg

Dash looks like OEM deluxe, but is actually hand laid Jarrah veneer. Same on overhead console.

EXP_500_Done_0%2016%20Large_zpsfth2u72p.jpg

EXP_500_Done_0%208%20Large_zps35hdub2i.jpg

Last edited:

p51

Beautiful.

IMO, the Green Hornet has got to be one of the best looking cars ever made...

rvrtrash

I've always thought that's the way Ford should have built the CS's.

Steve

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks for the compliments. A long time planning, prepping and making.. and a ton of $ I'll never recover to do it the way I wanted... but a bucket list item I can tick off! :cool:

Last edited:

robert campbell

Richard,
It looks awesome! I was such a black interior fan as a kid, but I think color ones look way better these days! What carb is under the air cleaner! what "liberties" did you take in the engine and drive train?

I have two old Ford 8 track tapes that came with the cars. They would look great hanging out of a period correct car. And I think they still play just fine! Free to you for the cost of shipping! One even has a Ford part number on it.

Rob

Ruppstang

Richard,
It looks awesome! I was such a black interior fan as a kid, but I think color ones look way better these days! What carb is under the air cleaner! what "liberties" did you take in the engine and drive train?

I have two old Ford 8 track tapes that came with the cars. They would look great hanging out of a period correct car. And I think they still play just fine! Free to you for the cost of shipping! One even has a Ford part number on it.

Rob

Rob,
If Richard does not need the Ford one my dad has been looking for one for his 68 S code GT coupe.
Thanks Marty

Attachments

• Dad's 68 S code Marti 001.jpg
    Dad's 68 S code Marti 001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 51

CougarCJ

Rob,
If Richard does not need the Ford one my dad has been looking for one for his 68 S code GT coupe.
Thanks Marty

Today is your Dad's cars birthday. Dec 15, 1967.

One of the highest stickered price S code coupes ever built, I am sure.

Ruppstang

Yes it is a loaded car. I think the only option it does not have is the convenience light package. We think it was a dealer order for the show room. It was not sold till 6-26-68.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. This car was sold at Courtesy Ford in Denver, dad bought it in Phoenix. Dads HCS J code that he bought in Lincoln NE.was also sold by Courtesy Ford!
They missed being on the lot at the same time by one day. How cool is that
Marty