• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 J code coupe, Not GT/CS

somethingspecial

This is my personal car. It is not listed anywhere else. I wanted to give folks here a chance before I offer it elsewhere. I am asking $11K, but am open to offers. Call me for more info. Email me for more photos. mikej@bigbytes.com

FOR SALE
1968 MUSTANG COUPE
J CODE 302ci. /C-4 AUTO TRANS
8R01J161403, 65A N 2B 16E 71 5 W
$11,000 OBO

This car is a numbers matching 302ci/C-4 automatic, Factory Air Conditioning, power steering, power front disc brakes. Remote outside mirror.
It wears its original Diamond Blue paint and all interior is original except for the front seats, which had to be redone. (original color and pattern) I repainted the metal portion of the interior, i.e. doors, rear seat panels, dash, steering column, but used original color.

The engine and transmission have 5,000 miles on a complete rebuild, as well as the following items:

1) New Holley 540 Avenger carburetor
2) New 24 inch radiator
3) New A/C Condenser
4) New brake system, Rebuilt orig. brake booster, New Master cylinder, new front brake calipers and pads, new rear brake shoes, slave cylinders, drums.
5) New fuel tank and gas cap.
6) New starter, installed 06-01-2013
7) New dual exhaust, Flowmaster style.
8) New bumpers front and Rear
9) Rebuilt Torque converter
10) Hump Hugger Console.

This car has all its original tinted glass, with no chips or scratches.

I have the original Air Cleaner assy, with heat riser, original factory installed starter (needs Rebuilding); original Autolite 4300 carburetor (also needs rebuilding), which will come with the car if wanted.

The car currently has painted Styled steel wheels with GT hubcaps, but will need new tires to be road worthy. With new tires, I would not hesitate letting my daughters drive this car cross country.

With the exception of the Engine and Trans work, I performed all the work on this car myself and know it was done right.

This is a California Car, shipped to Los Angeles, and lived there until it died in 1981. The nephew of the original owner acquired the car in the mid 90s and towed it to northern California where he put it in a garage under a parachute until I purchased the car in 2006. There is no “Body Rot” in this car that I am aware of, and all rust is surface rust. Floor pans are solid, and the cowl pans are solid, with no rust through typical on old Mustangs.

I have the original issued Black and Yellow California License plates with registration cards, and the Original Dealer plate frames I will let go with the car, but only if sold to a California buyer. Currently non-op status with California DMV on New Personal “Vanity” plates.

Mike 530-346-six6zero4, Cell: 530-9one3-48six2

Attachments

• 372.jpg
    372.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 398.jpg
    398.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 395.jpg
    395.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 375.jpg
    375.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 374.jpg
    374.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 376.jpg
    376.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

more photos

Note the small dent in the left Qtr. panel just forward of the rear bumper, as if someone backed into something and the rear bumper dented the qtr. panel, the qtr. panel extention is undamaged. The rt. side qtr. panel has a slight crease as seen and the panel under the rear window looks rotted, but it is just lack of paint and just surface rust. No rust through at all.

Attachments

• 381.jpg
    381.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 379.jpg
    379.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 378.jpg
    378.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 384.jpg
    384.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 44

x-codegtcs

This is the little brother to the GT.CS I am currently restoring...very nice little car...I hope you find a home for it!