• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pretty Clean GT\CS Limey in Texas

HappyHour

I cant stop looking at this one its like HD eBay or something!! :eek:

Aside from the previous lime Alabama J code (real GT) that didnt meet reserve (wanted 24K) this C code looks pretty clean and good standard options. Im kinda surprised they havent hit reserve (just lowered) as most out there are higher price point.

Anything particular missing? Doesnt say the engine numbers match but sure is clean and the engine tag is right there as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

GTCSMustang

Man you have a good eye to pick up the engine tag. It's missing the correct fog light mounting hardware. Pretty darn nice car though.

Scott

68gt390

Very nice looking car but, I think the seller's feedback score may be hurting the sale of this one. Just my thoughts. If I were a buyer I would still want to see the car in person. Can't tell for sure but, the marchal brackets look odd for some reason. They look almost like what I had on the after market grill I bought several years ago. I replaced those with brackets from Delta Bay Mustang.

Don

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

Yeah I read the feedback. This seller seems to have bought and sold alot of ponies. The one negative feedback was regarding a supposed "project" car, everyone else seemed happy.

He has the Marti report..asked to send it over but doubt will make a move on it before it ends or chance to have it looked at. Altho it is almost xmas time.

Robert

Ps Someone got pinstripe crazy on the hood...

joedls

Don't ask me why, but I kind of get the feeling that this is the same seller that used to be dallas classics.

Mosesatm

Can anyone tell if the grille is a repro? Fake GT/CS grilles were Mike's specialty.

Joe, do you think he will send us Christmas cards this year?

somethingspecial

grille

Well, I see the auction ended without sale. I looked at the grill closely, well as close as I could see with pictures. The fog light brackets look correct, and the correct rivits look to be in place, but on drivers side foglight bracket top rivit on the extreme left seems mis-placed. I saw the drivers side mounting tab which mounts under the hood lock bracket uses POP rivits. Strange, could be the tab had to be replaced. If I had to quess, I would error on the side of "Original" grill. If not, Nice replacement.

Christmas cards in the works.

Mike

RedGTvert

This guy goes under 3 different names. I have been watching that car too. The reserve was lowered 5 times during the auction, and the BIN was lowered twice.

It has been relisted. That will be the forth time it has been listed.

I have not seen a ton of car dealers who have a spotless 100% feedback. Other than that one instance, most of his car deals have been positive.

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

Wow good to see a can of whoop-ass being cracked now and then, my D-90 (Defender 90) list you need a flame suit to get on that forum.:grin:

I believe this gentleman's stage name is Mark Johnson this go around and he sent over the Marti report and some other pictures. Didnt respond if the engine numbers matching as it doesnt clearly state that in auction or running condition, rust spots, I inquired about.

Any undercover CS\GT members in Dallas that would be able to look at this car? It does say inspected and I thought about getting third party eBay inspection based on looking at specific "trouble" spots dumping water in cowl etc but no substitute for in person I reckon. :sad:

Last edited: