• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Grille rivets and peening tool to loan

lnevill

I think I mastered the grille rivets and now have a nice new reproduction GT/CS grille ready to install! I ended up getting the hand peening tool from Graingers and went with the 3/16 long rivets. Both the rivets and tool came from Hanson rivets and were resold by Graingers.

I'll be happy to lend the peening tool and extra rivets (about 85) to anyone who needs them. Just send me a PM with your address and I'll drop it in the mail as long as you agree to return it or send it to the next person on the list.

Thanks!
Lee

Attachments

• rivets top.jpg
    rivets top.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 80
  • rivets bottom.jpg
    rivets bottom.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
lnevill

lnevill

I'd do it for cost + a case of longnecks :wink: if you have the brackets! It's really not hard or even time consuming, but finding the brackets is a challenge since Delta Bay quit reproducing them. I was lucky to be able to score a set of the Delta Bay repro's from X-code.

Lee