• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

lower console installed

green56

how hard is it to in stall a lower console does it have to be screw to the hump in the center can you keep the same radio for the lower console or a new radio? Or what else am i going to have to do. Does it changing the points system

franklinair

There are 2 mounting flanges on each side of the console base. 4 sheetmetal screws required. You can use the same radio, but it requires different knobs to compensate for the thickness of the padded console piece.
"Does it changing the points system" ??? Don't know what you're referring to.
Do you also have the correct shifter assembly? It's different.
Do you also have the correct hardware for the gear selector/indicator?

Neil

OP
OP
G

green56

I have the standard auto so i wounder if it worth all the work + the elect
I just can not do it now the temp here right now 9 degrees out side would like to move but 70 years old that is a lot of work

Mosesatm

How about an aftermarket console?

It just sticks onto the carpet with Velcro, and it has cup holders!

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 27

franklinair

The Humphuggers ARE nice. I have the shorter version in my C/S- soon to be replaced by an original console, but I do have all the 'stuff' required for it.
green56, come visit me in NC, and you can help me! I'm also 70, so I don't bend as easily as I used to!
If you want to move- have kids do the work- that's what they're for ;)

Neil

PS: If you think you'd like a black Humphugger for your car, let me know, as I'll have no use for it after I install the original console (and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!!)

OP
OP
G

green56

mabe i should bring my car down and we can put them to gether i can just see two 70years old trying to bend over or on our backs when we need 3 people to get us up from the floor. did you get your full console off ebay or buy new or oem

sam

hump hugger console works beautiful..............just like Neil says.

franklinair

I bought my original (used) from a member of this site. His name is in my CRS file at this time. (Can't Remember S---)
The console is almost perfect, and he even supplied new components along with it. Fortunately I have 3 first class aircraft mechanics that work for me, and when I yell for help one of them will bail me out! I keep my C/S in my 'work hangar", well lit & heated- so it's a great facility to work in.

Neil