• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Needing backing plate for console

gtcsjcode

I'm in need of the metal backing plate for the radio console pad. Mine was hack up to fit a aftermarket radio and when I went to install my factory radio I was instantly ill to find the radio plate was cut to fit the stereo shafts thru the plate. If anyone wants to install a aftermarket radio and does not wish to cut up a backing plate, Pleeeease let me know. These are getting somewhat hard to find, and I'm just wanting to put mine back together with my factory radio. If theres one for sale, Let me know, I'm looking for one, or if someone wants to trade, let me know also, this one I have will work great for the aftermarket radios just fine.

Thanks in Advance............Larry

erselt

Larry-
You are going through exactly what I went through. I removed the newer (Kenwood) & bought an original '68 Philco. I went to put it all back together and realized the same thing---mine was cut. I looked around and couldn't find any for the exception of eBay.
I was just the high bidder on one and have bid on one other in the past. They do not come cheap though. I spent $100.00, but I will place my cut radio console on eBay to help make-up for the cost.
Check eBay & good luck!
Eric