• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS New 67 Ski Country Special owner

67SCSGT

Hi all,

New here.
Just bought a 67 GT 390 4spd coupe (still waiting for it to be delivered!). Seller didn't know it was a Ski Country Special till I ordered the Marti Report.

Any have more info about these or know where I can get a badge since they are missing? Car is not the original Vail Blue any more (more of a nightmist now) and it has a 289 in it but I got a 390 with the deal so eventually I plan to bring it back to original status.

I know Bob Teets had/has a SCS registry but not sure how active or UTD it is.
I've read all there is online I can find about the SCS cars.

Thanks for any info any may have,
Mike

gt/csj4

I believe he does. I know years ago he added one when we were up in steamboat for a mustang show not certain he has added any lately

hicountrybob

Hi all,

New here.
Just bought a 67 GT 390 4spd coupe (still waiting for it to be delivered!). Seller didn't know it was a Ski Country Special till I ordered the Marti Report.

Any have more info about these or know where I can get a badge since they are missing? Car is not the original Vail Blue any more (more of a nightmist now) and it has a 289 in it but I got a 390 with the deal so eventually I plan to bring it back to original status.

I know Bob Teets had/has a SCS registry but not sure how active or UTD it is.
I've read all there is online I can find about the SCS cars.

Thanks for any info any may have,
Mike
Yes, Mike, I do have (not had) this registry. Do you not recall phoning me last week???? The registry is as active and as up to date as you owners make it with your calls over the years sharing the finding and buying of these rare SCS. Every collector or specialty vehicle as well as the more everyday cars have a story, do they not? For those of you that have an interest in these SCS Mustangs, I refer you to the Fall of 1967 Denver Post and the Rocky Mtn. News daily newspaper papers which are on film at the pubic library, at least the ones here in Denver These papers will give you the whole 9 yards ie. sports, retail store ads, business pages, autos dealer ads. THUS, Mike, I keep as updated as I can ie. your calls with new vins. Look them up, gang and you will find a neatly equipped Mustang that was OFFERED to DENVER DIVISION dealers which covers Colo., Wyoming, parts of Nebr., and parts of SO. Dakota as well. It's late and I'm out of gas . Say La V for now. Bob Teets here in Denver at 303-424-3866 evenings.

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Yes, Mike, I do have (not had) this registry. Do you not recall phoning me last week???? The registry is as active and as up to date as you owners make it with your calls over the years sharing the finding and buying of these rare SCS. Every collector or specialty vehicle as well as the more everyday cars have a story, do they not? For those of you that have an interest in these SCS Mustangs, I refer you to the Fall of 1967 Denver Post and the Rocky Mtn. News daily newspaper papers which are on film at the pubic library, at least the ones here in Denver These papers will give you the whole 9 yards ie. sports, retail store ads, business pages, autos dealer ads. THUS, Mike, I keep as updated as I can ie. your calls with new vins. Look them up, gang and you will find a neatly equipped Mustang that was OFFERED to DENVER DIVISION dealers which covers Colo., Wyoming, parts of Nebr., and parts of SO. Dakota as well. It's late and I'm out of gas . Say La V for now. Bob Teets here in Denver at 303-424-3866 evenings.

Hi Bob,
I didn't call you last week. That was my friend Kerry who was trying to find out info about the cars. He said he spoke to you but that was all he told me lol
If you want I can email you the VIN, Marti report and some pics of the car...or post them here...whichever you prefer.
How many SCSs do you have in the Registry?

Thanks,
Mike

hicountrybob

Hi Bob,
I didn't call you last week. That was my friend Kerry who was trying to find out info about the cars. He said he spoke to you but that was all he told me lol
If you want I can email you the VIN, Marti report and some pics of the car...or post them here...whichever you prefer.
How many SCSs do you have in the Registry?

Thanks,
Mike

Great, Mike, shoot me the vin and a copy of the Marti and we'll talk again soon. Bob here at 303-424-386

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Great, Mike, shoot me the vin and a copy of the Marti and we'll talk again soon. Bob here at 303-424-386

Hi Bob,

Attached is the Marti and a pic of the car.
I need to find a way to get my hands on a Ski badge or 2!

Mike

Attachments

• 67GTcoupeMarti.pdf
    83.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 72

sportyworty

Hi Bob and Mike yes it was me who called. Mike ended up with the car, congrats. My computer has been at Data Doctors 3x in the last 2 weeks due to an operating system crash. Tip for everyone back up your files and preferably put your pics on a disc from time to time. This has been devestating.

sportyworty

Mike
I have the email address to the guy who repopped some of the badges also have a correct Rotunda rack for you but no binders.
Kerry

J_Speegle

..........Tip for everyone back up your files and preferably put your pics on a disc from time to time. This has been devestating.

Ouch - feel your pain. Might want to consider doing the data cloud. $55 annual covers all of my pictures and allot of files (somewhere around 300,000 of both)
Considered the fact that my backed up disc and hard drives were all in the same location (too much of a pain to back up everyweek/month and take them to another location) that if we had a fire I would loose 20 plus years of stuff :(

Just a thought

gt/csj4

Agreed. The cloud is a lifesaver in terms of media file backup. I don't ever take pics from a digital camera anymore,everything is off my 1080p smart phone and is instantly saved to my cloud. I never have to wonder or hope that it's saved anymore.

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Thanks for covering for me, Joe, I appreciate you.

Hi Bob,

I've been in contact with the guy who has made some of the SCS badges. Trying to see if he can send me one.

Drop me a line when you have a chance to tell me some more about the SCS cars or other ones out there.

Thanks,
Mike