• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pics of the house that our GT/CS bought

StraightSix

Okay, here are a few pictures that I took from the road of our "new" house (the closing date isn't until June 13th, so I can't go in the house or on the property without asking). Note the 960 sqft garage/workshop to the right of the house. Unfortunately, the other red garage to the right of that belongs to the neighbors :)

According to the current owners, the house has an interesting history. It was built around 1915 in Houston's historic Heights area. There were four built exactly alike right next to each other, probably from kits (you could order them through Sears and other places back then). The builders of the houses were the grandparents of racecar driver A.J. Foyt, a Houston native, and they were built as rent houses.

In 1997, the current owners rescued the house from demolition (a nearby church needed the space for a parking lot) for only the price of moving the home -- $6,000. The home was moved southeast of Houston to the location it is now, La Porte. It was in grave disrepair, and much work was done to replace rotten sections of the floors and walls. It also received a new roof, modern plumbing, modern wiring, and central air and heat.

Now it's six years later and we're buying it! It need a little work (mostly cosmetic), but we're pleased as punch. Okay, enough blabbing. Here are the pics.

-Winston

Attachments

• small_house1.jpg
    small_house1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17

Calspecialdreamer

You could have instantly increased the property value by parking your GT/CS in the driveway! But, I guess, you wouldn't have had the house if you had the car...