• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 California Special for sale

h20cycle

Hi Karl, sorry to bother you as I am not a viable purchaser due primarily to having spent all of my money on MY Meadowlark Yellow GT/CS (currently blue but not for long). I did want to ask about the vinyl top. I was told by the prior owner of my car it originally had a black vinyl top over the yellow but this does not appear on the Marti. I see yours also does not indicate vinyl top on the Marti. Was this a later addition or does this option not appear on Marti? I understand this is not a "classified" section question so no worries if no reply. Thank you, Peter.

OP
OP
H

hoopes3

Vinyl Top

Hi Karl, sorry to bother you as I am not a viable purchaser due primarily to having spent all of my money on MY Meadowlark Yellow GT/CS (currently blue but not for long). I did want to ask about the vinyl top. I was told by the prior owner of my car it originally had a black vinyl top over the yellow but this does not appear on the Marti. I see yours also does not indicate vinyl top on the Marti. Was this a later addition or does this option not appear on Marti? I understand this is not a "classified" section question so no worries if no reply. Thank you, Peter.

Peter, I added the vinyl top as the black contrasts the Yellow so well. Also, I have seen other GTCS's that were yellow with black vinyl tops and they were factory cars and the vinyl top showed as an option in the Marti Report.
Karl