• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Overhead console question

quicknick

I just purchased a beautiful overhead console this weekend and am going to install it in the CS this week. I received a front bracket with it, but nothing for the back.
My question is, How does the back of the console secure to the roof. I was told there is a rear bracket needed for fastbacks, but not coupes. Is this true? Please advise.

68sunlitgold

quicknick,
You only need screws for the back, I attached a picture of how it is done. There is no bracket for the rear.
Doug

Attachments

• overheadconsole.jpg
    overheadconsole.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 64

darb

Do you have a picture of the overhead console? I would just love to see one in great condition.

-Brad

68sunlitgold

darb,
Here is a picture of a green one. Not mine.
Doug

Attachments

• greenohc.jpg
    greenohc.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Q

quicknick

Thanks for the pic Doug. This helps out a lot. I don't have any pix of my console as our digital camera has been borrowed out, but looks just like the green one Doug posted and in the same condition. It has already been updated with new switches and lens kits. It has no cracks and only one little scratch in the aluminium towards the back. You will never see it when it is installed up in the ceiling.
Nothing to do but throw it in! Thanks again. Nick

green56

installing over head concle

just to verify you don't need the back bracket for a coupe installing but like some one said to get power from the dome light but what is the system to run the power from dome light that has to be disconected and then to run the wire to thanks every body for answering