• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail light wiring harness

PB gtcs

Paul and I are now putting in the wiring. We have only the standard harness for the rear tail lights. Want to convert to the CS. Does anyone have a pic of how Ford did this?? Have seen the Shelby harness and it looks pretty simple. However, dont want to take anything for granted.

Brian

DAR1

Brian,
Last August I was in Monterey Calif. for the Historics and I saw an ad at the Shelby tent for sequential taillight harnesses. Evidently they make them for the Eleanor cars. If you can't find an original, this might be a reasonably priced alternative.
Dan

bbeatty

Brian,

Are you talking about the wiring from the firewall back or just the wiring for the tailights? I have several sets of extra tailights with the wiring if that's what you need.

In any event, you can always swing by to take a look at my car or I can get you pics of whatever you need to see.

Brian B
( in Lenexa)

OP
OP
P

PB gtcs

Brian B.

Thanks for the offer. Still need to arrange a time for you come on over. We have the harness for a regular 68 from the firewall back to the single tail light. I understand that Ford just "patched" in the wiring to go from one single to the plug for the shelby tail lights. Just wanted to see how that is done so we can make an attempt at an original look. Sooo, just need a pic of what s in the trunk.

Brian S.

68sunlitgold

Brian,
if you have one of Paul's book, he diagrams the wiring harness for you.

Doug

OP
OP
P

PB gtcs

Doug,

Really wish I had one of those books, but dont.

Brian

bbeatty

[quote author=PB gtcs link=board=1;threadid=1131;start=0#msg6217 date=1097705159]
Doug,

Really wish I had one of those books, but dont.

Brian

[/quote]

Brian,

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but I've got 2 of the first books and one of the second. One of the first books has never been opened and the other has a little bit of a binder problem. You're welcome to borrow that one and the second book anytime!

rvrtrash

I'm still out of town on business so I can't check my harness, but it seems to me that there is no "patch". I would guess they put on the plug with some jumpers instead of the light socket. If that's right, you could just cut off the light socket and wire in the plug. I'll be home this weekend, and have to take a picture of the taillight panel anyway, so I'll take a picture of the wiring also for you.
Steve

OP
OP
P

PB gtcs

Thanks to everyone answering. Brother Paul, our team elec ace is on the case. Any pics would be helpful.
Man this car is going to be cool.

Brian

PFSlim

We have gotten great support from folks at this site. I think I have figured out how to wire in the tail lights. Does anyone know where to by the underdash to tail light side 6 pin connector? We are using a 67 14405 harness (underdash to tail lights) and need to splice in a connector to meet our tail lights.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=DAR1 link=board=1;threadid=1131;start=0#msg6210 date=1097670928]
Brian,
Last August I was in Monterey Calif. for the Historics and I saw an ad at the Shelby tent for sequential taillight harnesses. Evidently they make them for the Eleanor cars. If you can't find an original, this might be a reasonably priced alternative.
Dan
[/quote]
Just to clarify, the original GT/CS lights weren't sequential.