• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Go Cards!!!!!!

Perkchiro

Well, it's looking good for the St. Louis Cardinals with a 3 to 2 advantage in the playoffs. Mets are a great team and anything can happen in baseball, but I say GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve in Missouri

BroadwayBlue

Well ... I'm on those very rare "NY" baseball fans.
I have an abnormal ability to root for both the Yankees and the Mets.
Until recently - it was never an issue since they never played against each other except for an annual charity game (Mayor's Trophy). The thought of a Subway Series wasn't even close to being an option. When 1 team was good the other stunk.

If I had to pick one it would probably be the Yankees. But I had Mets season tickets at one time too. Go figure.

My Grandfather was a NY Giants fan - when they moved to San Francisco there was no way he was rooting for the Yankees - so he was a Met influence. My older brother and his friends made me swear to be a Yankee fan or they wouldn't take me to a game ... My Dad ... more Yankees than Mets but would watch either. So there was no strong influence one way or another so I rooted for both as a kid. Today I just enjoy the game. Although I stayed away for a long time after the strike.

I'm not like that with other sports. In other sports it's Rangers (Hockey), Knicks (Basketball) and the GIANTS (football ... with a little rooting for the Miami Dolphins).

What can I say ... rare ... like an HCS or GT/CS :cool: ... there are very few of us around.

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

Whoo Hooo!!!!!!!!!! Cards goin to the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NL Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

LUVMYCS

BroadwayBlue said:
Well ... I'm on those very rare "NY" baseball fans.
I have an abnormal ability to root for both the Yankees and the Mets.
Until recently - it was never an issue since they never played against each other except for an annual charity game (Mayor's Trophy). The thought of a Subway Series wasn't even close to being an option. When 1 team was good the other stunk.

If I had to pick one it would probably be the Yankees. But I had Mets season tickets at one time too. Go figure.

My Grandfather was a NY Giants fan - when they moved to San Francisco there was no way he was rooting for the Yankees - so he was a Met influence. My older brother and his friends made me swear to be a Yankee fan or they wouldn't take me to a game ... My Dad ... more Yankees than Mets but would watch either. So there was no strong influence one way or another so I rooted for both as a kid. Today I just enjoy the game. Although I stayed away for a long time after the strike.

I'm not like that with other sports. In other sports it's Rangers (Hockey), Knicks (Basketball) and the GIANTS (football ... with a little rooting for the Miami Dolphins).

What can I say ... rare ... like an HCS or GT/CS :cool: ... there are very few of us around.

Rich- I can relate. I'm more of a Mets fan (through marriage), but if the Mets aren't in it I will root for the Yanks. I'm not really a big baseball fan.

My favorite sport to watch is hockey -Go Devils! I have to stay with the home (NJ) team!

Congrats Cardinals!

marie68csmustangs

Aagh, not again.. Our west coast teams are not doing to good... :-(( The A's just fired their skipper - and the Kings have a new coach - and they might leave if they don't get a new arena.. I'm not too much of a Hockey fan But, I like Basketball Go Kings!!

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

St. Louis Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: