• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 V Belt and Alt belt sizes?

mbsf1970

Getting a couple belts as insurance for trip although ones on car look fine....

Getting wildly different measurements from stores I've called everything from 41" to 52" for fan belt...

What size (fan belt and alt belt) do I need for 68 289 with fact a/c and PS?

also, what type of ATF should i get and should I bother with power steer fluid as well or does coolant double for that one?

Stephen

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

thanks Neil. you caught my error a touch before I did. I was thinking about it and came back to check what I had typed only to find your emergency save in place!!
ATF for ps and transm.
coolant for rad
got it!! :)

Also, I taped off my belts, then measured the tape and came up with the following numbers:

Water and Alt belt :41 1/2" by 3/8" wide
Fan: 52" by 1/2" wide
PS: 47" by 3/8"

Seem logical?

franklinair

Never had a problem getting spares. Just gave NAPA make, model, engine, application, and they matched them up.

Neil

dalorzo_f

Or just buy the Marti repros... nice parts. FoMoCo stamps for that" extra touch" under the hood. And not terribly expensive at $20 each for most sizes...