• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 steering wheel cracked

Ricky Knapik

Looking for advise on steering wheel cracks. Only about 4500 miles since the resto in 2013. Small crack starting in the normal places. I ordered a Drake through Summit, but it's not the right color. Drake says that's the only light blue available, but it's aqua! So back to the drawing board. Looking for suggestions. Buy a cheaper black one and paint it? Have the original repaired again? Not much confidence in it not cracking.

Attachments

• Lt Blue Poly.jpg
    Lt Blue Poly.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Lt Blue Poly 2.jpg
    Lt Blue Poly 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 33

franklinair

Years ago I painted a steering wheel with lacquer paint (with a hardener added) and it held up quite well.

Neil

BigJim

Had the same problem getting a light blue wheel for our car. Ended up buying a black one and having it painted to match the car.

Ruppstang

I have had several wheels painted since you can not get good matches for some colors.
I would get a blue wheel because if you get a scratch or chip it will show less.