• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A word of caution to all

Sarge

I had my garage broken into this weekend, and someone stole my '96 Buick Riviera. :'( Fortunately, I was driving the CS to do my army reserves gig, so they didn't get it. The police, and most everyone I know are convinced that they really wanted the CS, and when it wasn't there, they didn't want to go "empty-handed" so took whatever they could.

Just a warning to all of us CS enthusiasts, lock ALL cars and turn on the car alarm even if it is in the garage, as there are some bad people out there.

bish

Damn man, that sucks. Hope you get yur ride back.
I'll been lazy putting the "Club" lately but not anymore.

erselt

Sorry to hear that Robert!! WOW! :mad: At least they didn't get the CS! I'd bet it is someone from your neighborhood or a friend of someones's etc.

BrandonB

Thats just no good people need to eran their stuff through blood and sweet...not counting cutting your hand while breaking in or something lol...im sorry your buick is gone hope they find it...ill go install a bomb on mine if I cant have it no one can have it ;D. anyways back to all seriousness im truly sorry. hope they find it and guard your CS with your life man.

Calspecialdreamer

Sarge,

Tough break guy, hate to hear ANYTHING gets stolen! Pitifull really. You had just posted your pics too! Hope the police find them. Some consolation knowing it was a buick and not a FORD! I will say a prayer for you on the recovery process....

darb

On the subject of theft, has anyone taken into consideration installing a lojack or similiar type system on their old car?

I was looking into the pricing and such, and it's not that bad for the ease of mind of knowing that your vehicle can usually be recovered within 24 hours. (Or Lojack will give you i think 2,000)

Any opinons on that? I cannot believe that someone would just get into your garage, and get your buick out! That definitly takes some planning - to know you have those cars.

(I have several cars parked in front of my garage, nearly preventing anyone from backing the vehicle out)

Guess we'll all be more aware of how SECURE our vehicles are at our homes.

Thanks for imforming us Sarge, I'll definitly take some precautions myself.

-Brad

quicknick

When the mustangs are parked for any period of time, I'll pull the coil wire(and make it still look connected) or the battery cables. Not the perfect solution, but searching these things out is usually not a car thiefs M.O. Anything thats not obvious to slow them down will help.
Growing up in the ghettos of Detroit has given me the oppertunity to meet a few professional car thiefs.(not proud of that you understand) And one thing I learned...... if they decide they want your car, they will get it. Fancy alarms, kill switches, and clubs means your car will get stolen in 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds. Thats all obvious stuff to a thief. Gotta do something he won't suspect.

hcsstang

::)I have never taken a car to a show where you had to stay in a motel. Do you take your car to the motel or leave it at the show? I would like some answers before next April cause I'm planning on the Tenn. show next year.

quicknick

We always take our car back to the motel. I try to never let it leave my sight for too long. I'd get it into the motel room if the door was wide enough.