• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Reflective Side Stripes

P

PNewitt

Hi Calif Girl!

How's your car coming along?

Well, reflective stripes were not used originally on the GT/CS. Non-reflective stripes only came in black, white, red, and medium blue. Gold was not an original GT/CS stripe color.

Reflective stripes became a standard item for the 1969 Mach 1, and Shelby (as well as the Torino, etc..)

If you wish to have added safety, then go for it. It will lose points if you're doing shows, tho'.

Reflective stripes and other vinyl items usually cost 60-90% more than non-reflective.

Just as an FYI.

Paul N.

OP
OP
CALIF GIRL

CALIF GIRL

The car is coming along fast.. We will be pulling the engine out tomorrow. That way the engine compartment can be re painted while the car is torn apart. I will post more photos soon.

I just happenned across the reflective stripes, not really considering them, just wondering what they would look like..

P

PNewitt

Don't let originality get in the way....

As I've always said, it's your car, do what you wish. Drive it, show it, concours, drag race it, etc....

If you use black reflective stripes, you probably wouldn't see what it is during the day, (unless you looked real close) but you would at night.

It sounds like you're going to have a real nice GT/CS when you're done. Congratulations!

Paul N.

hotrodgrany

PNewitt said:
Don't let originality get in the way....

As I've always said, it's your car, do what you wish. Drive it, show it, concours, drag race it, etc....

If you use black reflective stripes, you probably wouldn't see what it is during the day, (unless you looked real close) but you would at night.

It sounds like you're going to have a real nice GT/CS when you're done. Congratulations!

Paul N.
here is an example of reflective black, I had on my 2005 Mustang GT.Just to give you some idea. For me I prefer this, but of course I don't take this to shows to be get prizes, just to show, This was was my car I drove on an everyday basis. I have a convertible that I usually take, it is on my on my photes with my 07 GT/CS, of which I also drive for every day like the 05 was.

Attachments

• Marissa's benefit-new 2005 Mustang GT 046.JPG
    Marissa's benefit-new 2005 Mustang GT 046.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 05RPGT.jpg
    05RPGT.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 24