• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rims & Clock

darb

Just thought I'd brag about a steal I picked up at the Pomona, CA swapmeet today -

Found a gorgeous set of 4 of the original rims, with beauty rims and GT hubs - the chrome looks brand new, the rims were sandblasted and re-painted. They were all original - snagged them for $275!

Also, grabbed myself an original WORKING instrument clock, with the entire instrument cluster in perfect condition for $35.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get this stuff unpacked in the garage for those who would like to see.

-Brad

OP
OP
D

darb

Here's one of the four rims, with all the pieces.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
D

darb

Here's the clock, included was the knob as well.

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 14

erselt

You gots some NICE parts. I am looking for a clock too. I wish I could find one for only $35.00 ;)

rjw

What a buy! Are you going to have the clock reworked for quartz movement?
Richard

OP
OP
D

darb

Thanks, I'm kind of new at the swapmeet thing - so I was hoping you guys could confirm that I paid a good price! I thought 275 was decent for those wheels, I seen the clocks go for pretty high so I think I did good.

As far as reworking for quartz movement, I think I'm just going to keep it full stock. It electronically winds just fine, and with a tiny drop of clock oil it'll move a little bit looser than how it is now!

It's hope for the rest of us! I just looked at every booth at the swapmeet, until I found it covered in dust in an instrument panel!

Make sure to check EVERYTHING, and I'm more than positive you can pick a good clock up for 35 bucks as well. They ARE out there!

Goodluck to you all! Thanks for letting me know I did good.