• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone have a 68 HCS in Tahoe Turquoise or Raven Black?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Does anyone have a 68 HCS in Tahoe Turquoise or Raven Black? Or know of one? Looking through the Registry I see one of each listed, but I'm just curious if they're really that rare.

Thanks!

miller511

Jon,

I have a Tahoe Turquoise GT/CS. My Elite Marti report shows 57 had this paint code (out of 4118). That's about 1.4% of all CS's. So, if you figure that same 1.4% within the 251 that were designated as HCS's you get between 3 and 4 HCS's that were Tahoe Turquoise... Pretty rare.

-Jeff

Last edited:

miller511

All,

I purchased the 1/18 scale diecast model of the HCS in Tahoe Turquiose a few weeks back (I know I don't have an HCS...but they offered it in my color, so I bought it). It showed up in the mail yesterday. Looks pretty nice. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Back to part of Jon's original question...Does anyone here have a Tahoe Turquoise HCS?

Are there any listed in the Registry? Paul?

-Jeff

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
miller511 said:
Are there any listed in the Registry? Paul?
There are 1 of each listed in the 1996 registry.

Actually the reason for me asking the question originally is because the folks making the diecast asked me how rare it was. At the time I didn't know why they were asking exactly.

P

PNewitt

I can't divulge exact numbers right now, but let's just say "less than ten" of each.

Paul N.

davidathans

wow...i know mine wasnt originally raven black, but because there are so few that were originally raven black, i think i should keep mine black(with the white stipes, tail lamp panel) and besides its sexy :)

Diesel Donna

davidathans said:
wow...i know mine wasnt originally raven black, but because there are so few that were originally raven black, i think i should keep mine black(with the white stipes, tail lamp panel) and besides its sexy :)

I'm seeing a vision of David dancing around singing~~~~I'm too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car......lalalalalalalaaaaaaaa

joedls

Arlie, you OK? I mean with all these color changes being admitted to, I figure you're probably hyperventilating by now.

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
Arlie, you OK? I mean with all these color changes being admitted to, I figure you're probably hyperventilating by now.

Need an ambulance?? Hmmmmm? Nurse included.:grin:

asahlstein

Is this Arlie one of those guys that walk up to your car and say "NOT ORIGINAL" and walk away disgusted? I am too OLD to worry about total originality, If the car makes you smile then it has served it's purpose!!!!

Merrry Christmas Folks!!!!
Art in Texas

Mosesatm

asahlstein said:
Is this Arlie one of those guys that walk up to your car and say "NOT ORIGINAL" and walk away disgusted?

Uh, no. Not even close.

Looks like you missed the Corvette door handle and Infiniti 3.5L threads.:eek:

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
asahlstein said:
Is this Arlie one of those guys that walk up to your car and say "NOT ORIGINAL" and walk away disgusted? I am too OLD to worry about total originality, If the car makes you smile then it has served it's purpose!!!!
More of an inside joke about color changes. It wasn't directed specifically to any of the cars in this discussion.