• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Vail Blue paint for '67 SCS?

67SCSGT

Hi all,

I'm trying to get paint mixed so I can paint my '67 SCS in the future. It was Vail Blue from the factor. I can find traces of the original blue under the current Nightmist blue like color.
Does anyone have any pics of can they verify the color code for me?

I have only found this reference and paint code:

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?type=sample&paint=10404&ditzler=13057&syear=1967&smanuf=Ford&smodel=Mustang&sname=Vail%20Blue

I had someone mix based on the code in the link and it came out more like a seafoam green with no metallic. Did the guy just mix it wrong!?

Thanks for any help with this.

hicountrybob

Hi all,

I'm trying to get paint mixed so I can paint my '67 SCS in the future. It was Vail Blue from the factor. I can find traces of the original blue under the current Nightmist blue like color.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?type=sample&paint=10404&ditzler=13057&syear=1967&smanuf=Ford&smodel=Mustang&sname=Vail%20Blue

I had someone mix based on the code in the link and it came out more like a seafoam green with no metallic. Did the guy just mix it wrong!?

I have in my hand a cover letter from Ford to All Denver District Ford Dealers. Subject: Special Promotional Paints. Attached to this letter are paint codes(Ford # and Dupont #) for '66 and '67 High Country Specials, '67 Ski Country(Mustang, Fairlane and Ford), '67 St. Patrick's Day Mustang, Convertible only, and bla, bla, bla. with others. Ski Country Fords Vale Blue lists Ford #MX7001065 and Dupont 4690L 181-97305 for paint codes. I rest my case. High Country Bob, here.

hicountrybob

Hi all,

Dupont # correction. Should read 4690L 181-97344

hicountrybob

Hi all,

Correction to my post. Vail Blue Dupont * is 4690L 181-97344. SORRY, Bob Teets here.

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Thanks Bob, so it seems that website is correct and whoever mixes the paint just needs to make sure to follow those codes correctly.

Mike

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Not that Bob needs any kind of confirmation :grin:, but here's a page out of the book "Mustang 1964 1/2-1968" that lists that same paint code.

Attachments

• SCS colors.jpg
    SCS colors.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP

67SCSGT

Not that Bob needs any kind of confirmation :grin:, but here's a page out of the book "Mustang 1964 1/2-1968" that lists that same paint code.

I found out what the issue was...the paint mixers sales guy never gave him the paint code and said the color was a Cadillac color LOL
No wonder it didn't look right!