• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 GT/CS in Mecum Auction

CougarCJ

Other interesting cars;

1935 Chrysler Airflow Coupe 323.5 CI, 3-Speed, 1 of 6 Known to Exist

1970-1/2 Ford Falcon 2-Door Sedan 429 CI Cobra Jet Ram Air

di81977

I have been watching their auctions on TV lately and these guys seem even more annoying than Craig Jackson and his crew. Is it just me? What is Mecum's reputation like? Maybe it is because I see them always bullying the seller into removing the reserve and don't see that at the no reserve Barret Jackson auctions.

I do like the fact that many of these cars are more in reach of the everyday collector.

BroadwayBlue

I have been watching their auctions on TV lately and these guys seem even more annoying than Craig Jackson and his crew. Is it just me? What is Mecum's reputation like? Maybe it is because I see them always bullying the seller into removing the reserve and don't see that at the no reserve Barret Jackson auctions.

I do like the fact that many of these cars are more in reach of the everyday collector.

I used to feel the same way when I started watching them last year. But I've grown to enjoy these auctions on TV a lot. They do a lot of wheeling and dealing even with the seller. I've seen him sell a car by cutting his commission or dropping it totally just to get it sold.

There are some owners that hold out for $1000 less than reserve which I don't understand sometimes. Isn't it worth not having to take the car back home? I guess it depends on how far you had to travel.

Also - if the cars don't meet reserve you can place a bid after it's off the block and try to get the car. "The bid goes on..."

Give it a chance it grew on me and I enjoy this and Russo and Steele better than Barret Jackson sometimes. The cars like you said seem to be more within reach and sell at realistic prices where Barrett Jackson seems to be more show sometimes.

I watch them all regardless so what do I know! :cool:

BroadwayBlue

Shelby Daytona Coupe

Here is the lead-in for the GT/CS! :grin:

Also of note being auctioned off is a Shelby Daytona Coupe
estimated to sell for $10,000,000 - $15,000,000!

Lot F242 1965 Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe
CSX2601, FIA Championship Winner

Dana Mecum's Original Spring Classic Auction - 22nd Year
May 13 - 17, 2009
This Lot scheduled to be sold FRI 8:05PM

I can't believe they drove this on the streets of NYC!

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7407186

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=13205813

http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0509-79207

BroadwayBlue

The Daytona Shelby Coupe got to $6,800,000 but didn't sell. They were still trying to work a deal or two after it ended.

The CS sold for $25,000. It wasn't on TV though - they got up to number 268 or so and this was 275.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I think the Litte Red convertible sold for around $700K.