• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 C code fuel line, pump to carb

dalorzo_f

Anyone got a few photos of routing?

The NPD repro is so far off its not even funny.... bangs on the oil sender, then if you tweak it to clear that runs right thru the distributor... ends up 6" in front and 4" above the carb.

Unless they sent a mismarked part, no way its going to work without completely rebending....

Tequila

If by any chance you happen to have a 302 from 70-74 model years then try npd PN 9369-42A. I had a heck of a time matching up mine. Sorry I know trial and error could be very expensive for you so I am sure the experts out here would be able to help. Good luck!!!

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Nope, original VIN stamped 289 from the factory, all very original and have just replaced a later Motorcraft carb with a date correct model....

SD GTCS

Does this help? trying to post a photo

Attachments

• carb line.jpg
    carb line.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 45

Ruppstang

Sorry I did not realize that I could not cut and past from the MCA site. I guess they do a good job of protecting club information.

Here is the picture from my files. The other picture above is correct as will.
Marty

Attachments

• HCS Restroation 002.JPG
    HCS Restroation 002.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 38