• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for Sale in Seattle

Perkchiro

Hey Arlie, Did they botch the VIN? That's a "C" code right? They indicate that it's a "high output" 289. So is that a 4 banger? Not much info contained in the listing to know much about this car. Looks like a good find though.

68gt390

And on the rear we once again have the infamous black painted bezels. They list the color as green isn't that actually Lime Gold? Car looks nice but, would be nice if they would of included some shots of the engine bay.

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I find it interesting that they list a spoiler as an option and they don't mention California Special anywhere in the ad. Makes me wonder if it's a clone, if they don't understand what it is, or if they just write really bad ads. If it's still there in a couple weeks I might go look at it.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Just spoke with the dealer. According to him the car is all original with one repaint. Original interior, no rust, 38,000 miles. And pigs can fly. He's asking $24,900. I'll take a look at it week after next. If anyone wants a report on it let me know.

Does anyone have a checklist you use for inspecting Mustangs?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

joedls said:
Careful, Arlie. That's the engineer in you coming out. :wink:

Geek is more like it. I already have one but was hoping someone might have a better one.

390cs68rcode

According to him the car is all original

I always like hearing this when it comes from a seller. I then ask what is not from the factory on the car. They start listing off stuff and I tell them these things are not original and you stated is was ALL ORIGINAL.

yes Arlie you have some geek in you (I have some in me too but I try and hide it). :wink:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
I always like hearing this when it comes from a seller. I then ask what is not from the factory on the car. They start listing off stuff and I tell them these things are not original and you stated is was ALL ORIGINAL.

(I have some in me too but I try and hide it). :wink:

Not very well!!!

rvrtrash

390cs68rcode said:

Now I wonder how I sound to people. When I describe my cars I start out "It's all original except ...." but it's only to establish a baseline. I may have to think up something new.:confused:
Steve

rvrtrash

Diesel Donna said:
You're suppose to look at their teeth and hooves I think. :grin:

Reminds me of a joke that I REALLY wish I could tell.:rofl:
Steve

rvrtrash

It's best when told verbally. It involves a lisp so I'll see if I can find a way to make it come across well in writing while I'm at work today and maybe post it tonight. Stay tuned.
Steve

68gt390

Think I'd start out by asking what's up with the black trimmed bezels on the rear lights? Would be interesting to see how they answer that one. I'm always leary of any car for sale when in all the pictures the hood and trunk are closed. Makes me think they are hiding something :rolleyes:

If I ever listed mine for sale think it would read something like this: Slightly modified 68 GT/CS for sale, must see and drive to appreciate this rare beauty.

Don

Last edited:

rvrtrash

rvrtrash said:
It's best when told verbally. It involves a lisp so I'll see if I can find a way to make it come across well in writing while I'm at work today and maybe post it tonight. Stay tuned.
Steve

I tried it on a couple of guys at work and it just doesn't work in writing. I guess if anyone wants to hear it they'll have to come to Idaho this summer and spend some time on the river with us.

Steve