• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Black LeMans Stripes on a Black '07-'08 GT/CS ??

P

PNewitt

So, who, after watching Knight Rider, and after seeing that black-on-black GT-500 KR...is going to add black matte LeMans (over the top) Stripes to your black '07 - '08 GT/CS??

Sounds like a cool idea...I'm getting into the idea. It looks real formal, and sexy.

...of course, the same setup would look neat on a '68 Black GT/CS, too.

and...anyone think of--or check out just how difficult it would be to put a Shelby nose on your '07-'08 CS? That could be fun.

Paul N.

koronen

I had been thinking about it for awhile, and had recently started thinking about the shelby nose thing. I found the part for it, but I would want to keep the CS bumper and just change it to have the slanted lights...however, I am not sure if I would be able to keep the HID headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...013QQitemZ230222216112QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That kit comes with everything to change the front from a GT to looking like a GT500, I haven't been able to just find the part I want yet.

GTCS07

I had been thinking about it for awhile, and had recently started thinking about the shelby nose thing. I found the part for it, but I would want to keep the CS bumper and just change it to have the slanted lights...however, I am not sure if I would be able to keep the HID headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...013QQitemZ230222216112QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That kit comes with everything to change the front from a GT to looking like a GT500, I haven't been able to just find the part I want yet.

The swap isn't hard, just alot of money to do right. About $3,500 in parts plus paint and labor. The bumper cover and headlights are both different from a CS. I would consider doing it to a GT that had been hit lightly in the front but a CS all ready has a unique look.

J.Bart

i don't know paul,
i didn't get to see knight rider, and i'm still mift about it. nbc was down all night, i guess i get to check it out sat.

koronen

I just wanted to do the lights but keep the bumper if I did it at all.

aemoo28

I had to choose between a black '07 Shelby-H and the '08 Cali last Oct. Liked the Shelby a LOT but the only difference (besides 50 more HP) was the shifter, the snub nosed hood, the hood locks, 500 less audio wattage, stripes (gold), and $7k more. See my gallery pic of them both. I was proud that my dealer today joked about wanting to trade my Cali for the '08 Shelby-H. We even went for a test drive, but I came home with my beloved Cali. He said KITT has crazed people to buy up the black GTs.
No, I won't alter my '08 with any stripe other than the GT/CS side stripe. If I wanted a Shelby I would've purchased it instead. I may yet... that black KR is a beauty!!!

P.S. Dealer had 2 '08 candy apple CS coupes and one '08 white CS convertible.

Ladystang

So, who, after watching Knight Rider, and after seeing that black-on-black GT-500 KR...is going to add black matte LeMans (over the top) Stripes to your black '07 - '08 GT/CS??

Sounds like a cool idea...I'm getting into the idea. It looks real formal, and sexy.

...of course, the same setup would look neat on a '68 Black GT/CS, too.

and...anyone think of--or check out just how difficult it would be to put a Shelby nose on your '07-'08 CS? That could be fun.

Paul N.

Wouldn't change a thing about my CS. What I would do, is maybe buy another car like that! I love the look of that car. Wonder if I can talk hubby into that.