• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HELP-Dash Cluster amp and fuel gauge

whodat

I have a question about the dash cluster. On the back where the amp gauge is there are 2 red plastic grommets to keep the post from touching the back of the panel. Did the fuel gauge have these? Mine does not and I am having problems with the gauge moving and touching the sides of the metal and grounding out. Causing my gauge to read empty.
Neil check your PM.

Last edited:

ggieras

all guages are supposed to have those so they dont ground out,alot of the grommets were made of cardboard and most people throw them away during restorations not actually knowing they serve a purpose,all they are is insulators,check out STANGERSITE.COM

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Actually rocketman the gauge rebuilder told me about those and said he would add them to my order since they are missing. I should recieve the converted amp gauge to volts and a recalibrated fuel gauge any day now.