• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale White GT/CS in Southern Illinois

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 00X0X_lcm9TvxbU2i_1200x900.jpg
    00X0X_lcm9TvxbU2i_1200x900.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 37

68gulfstream

Any thoughts on the price for this one? It looks like a clean restoration job, but fairly unremarkable options list.

Engine: 289-2V Engine
Transmission: C-4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
Color: Wimbledon White Paint, Ford #1619-A
Options:
- Power Steering
- AM Radio (AM/FM retro radio installed) Have original radio for the vehicle
- Wheel Covers
- Black Vinyl Roof
- California Special Package
- Standard Bucket Seats
- 6.95 X 14-4 Ply Rated Tires

Build Location: San Jose, CA
Build Date: 29 April 1968
Sold Location: Jones Minto Ford Sales, Burlingame, CA
Sold Date: 8 August 1968

This Mustang was completely restored to include rebuilding the original engine and transmission in 2005 by a previous owner. Below are the items I have been done recently:

- New Dash Wiring Installed
- Radio Upgraded to AM/FM Radio (still have original AM radio)
- All Lights Upgraded to LED's
- New Heater Control Panel (still have original)
- Rear Turn Signals Wiring Installed and Turn Signals Upgraded to Sequential

Note: The center console was designed for the Mustang and sits on the transmission hump. It is not fastened to keep the vehicle original. It lifts right out of the car.

This Mustang is in Excellent Condition. Serious inquiries only. I am not interested in trades, so please don't ask. Asking 34,950.00 or Best Offer

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

$23k - $27k if it has the original engine, which may not be the case since it has the wrong distributor for a '68.

BigJim

$23k - $27k if it has the original engine, which may not be the case since it has the wrong distributor for a '68.

I don't understand the logic in that statement. Our CS has the original engine but the wrong dizzy. We replaced it with an MSD when the factory one failed. A lot of people replace dizzies, carb, coils, etc over time.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I agree. In all my matching number cars I installed Mallory electronic distributors. That said, if a car has the wrong vacuum advance and no vacuum tree I see those as red flags to make sure the engine is original.

Better safe than sorry.