• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The good, the bad and the clone.

Edward Bodoh

Went to Mustangs plus show today and in their garage / shop low and behold. The good - a highly optioned cs. Air con, deluxe mirrors, upper and lower consoles etc....The bad and the clone. Yea I took a pic of the vin as it was dark in there. A nice clone. I looked in the registry but couldn't find clone numbers. See pics....do we keep track of these cars as well?

Ivy rED.

Attachments

• 20151017_113740.jpg
    20151017_113740.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20151017_113807.jpg
    20151017_113807.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 86

dalorzo_f

"8F"... dead giveaway ...

IMO no sense tracking clones on the site.

Is a car advertised as a GT/CS a "clone"? Or does it need to have "all" the right parts, or only "some"... no clear definition of a clone these days...

Nice looking car! Someone did it pretty well, unlike some.... (but it looks like they used Shelby square/chrome pedestals, not the GTCS tubes.. so is it really a "clone"... or not! :wink:)

J_Speegle

Was around when the car was built - don't think the owner was looking for a clone - just liked the exterior features. Was surprised when they slapped on the emblems - think it would have looked cleaner without - just me
Believe they used a steel taillight panel or maybe that was one of the other coupes with the T bird taillights they built

Think it would have looked a little better with the Cal special stands for the Lucas lights rather than the 68 Shelby.

Nice car well done but more IMHO a modified car than anything else.