• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS J-code 4 speed on CL

mbsf1970

I always pause for thought when I see the Pony on the front grille! It has holes for hood locks but no locks, the antenna base looks funky, the background behind side mesh looks white and there are no fog lights......none of which preclude it from being genuine but like I said, it would give me pause for thought...helllloooo Marti! Also, seeing the background in the photos makes me immediately wonder about the paint job...either done really well or thrown on there to move it along??
On the positive side, GT cut outs with dual exhaust! And the white with black looks really sharp!
Stephen

franklinair

Guessing from the background of the photos it looks like the car is in a resto shop. Photos are probably premature, before completion (hood locks, scoop blackouts, black borders on tail lite frames, etc.)

Here's an extreme example :wink:

Neil

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 41
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 43

Don

I always pause for thought when I see the Pony on the front grille! .........no fog lights......none of which preclude it from being genuine ...helllloooo Marti! ........On the positive side, GT cut outs with dual exhaust! And the white with black looks really sharp!
Stephen

Definitely needs to be checked out. If it is a four speed car with the GT package the price seems very good. Bummer that it has the wrong grille and no fog lights tho'. Although the resto shop looks clean and organized the seller would be way better off spending a couple of hours putting on hood locks and spraying a little black on the scoop grilles and then taking it outside in a nice surrounding for the pics.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

The ad does not mention that its a J-code car but assuming it is a Marti is required