• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Monthly Web Poll & the GT/CS

GTCSMustang

I received my February Mustang Monthly yesterday and on page 13 are the current results of a poll they are doing titled "Which should be the next specialty Mustang from Team Mustang?" Current resutls are:

Mach 1 - 45%
Boss - 30%
Bullitt - 17%
California Special - 7%

I find the results interesting and disturbing. Interesting that the Bullitt is outpacing the GT/CS in the poll even though Ford didn't make a "Specialty Mustang Bullitt" until 2001, and never made one back in 1968 when the movie came out. And disturbing that GT/CSs don't rate higher among Mustang readers. It could be that the general population is just not well educated on the GT/CS...hopefully that's the case. Or it could be that the general Mustang population just doesn't hold them in very high regard. The poll is still open to participation at www.mustangmonthly.com. Let's see if we can get the numbers up for the GT/CSs.

Scott

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

I went to the website and see no way to vote on THIS poll even though the magazine says you can.

Scott

390cs68rcode

I would think it is because people just don't know about them. How many people have you talked to that said they don't like the way a CS looks? NONE

I have talked to many car people and they always say they like the CS design.

68sunlitgold

You also have to remember all the other "styles" Mach 1, Boss, and Bullet have already been produced in the "modern" form, therefore people are aware of them. I bet the CS would also be voted higher in 5 years once it (or if) has been "modernized".

Doug

case12

I'm with Jason and Doug on this one.

I was surprised that Mach 1 was the highest. They just came out with the Mach 1 remake a few years ago. Thus, it comes down to exposure - more people have heard of the Mach 1, Boss and Bullitt (another recent mustang offering a few years ago) than they have heard of the GT/CS. I think the fact they even mention the GT/CS is a good thing - more people are starting to recognize it.

Now - if FORD were to announce a 2008 Shelby GT350 or Shelby GT500 at half the price, and named it the California Special, I wonder how many people would jump on that? (That is virtually what FORD did in 1968). Casey

rvrtrash

GTCSMustang said:
I went to the website and see no way to vote on THIS poll even though the magazine says you can.

Scott

I couldn't find it either, although I did find a "Reader Panel" where you sign up and they email you surveys once a month. Maybe that was where they were getting their numbers.
Steve