• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 pony fell through hole

mbsf1970

During my recent car trip, my 11 yr old son thought the high beams pony on dash was really cool.....so cool in fact that the first time I used my high beams he reached over and poked at horse....which promptly half fell off, somewhere along the rest of the journey, it fell off entirely and rests behind dash right under the light....
Repair suggestions/ideas?? prefer not to pull off instrument cluster panel

Stephen

stangfan

If you want to retrieve the horse, I know of no other way than to pull the bezel. I've done the one on the GT/CS and the 68 Coupe I had before it. Trust me...the first time is the worst. :grin:

dalorzo_f

Well, you may be able to have the small handed one reach up behind the dash and find it.

Replacing it is another matter. :wink:

Probably going to have to pull the cluster.

franklinair

Not easy. After the cluster is removed, the instrument cluster must be separated from the bezel to re-glue the horse. :-(

Neil

whodat

To me the worst part of the job is removing the speedometer nut and then putting it back on. And if you have a/c make sure the vacuum lines are put back on properly by the a/c controls. Also if you decide to pull it off tape up the steering column with some painters tape. Ask me how I know about that. And you could refurb everything in the cluster. Hopefully your fuel gauge works after you put it back together. Ask me how I know.