• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NorCal: Real deal photo op & GT/CS awareness...

Midnight Special

...For anyone who wants to come to Grass Valley, CA on July 7th or 8th. I have been asked to chair another (Nevada County) AirFest and will be inviting a number of North American P-51 Mustangs. We had five "D" models last time & may have an "A" model this year. I will post the website during mid-February after securing sponsors... All in all about 80 airplanes of all types including warbirds, experimentals, classics, jets and air tankers. About 5000 to 8000 people attend and the flying demos are non-stop.

I'm thinking of using my red, white, and blue (clone) CSs bearing the U.S. flag while cruising down the runway to augment Color Guard and Opening Ceremonies.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a co-announcer give a brief history of the type as they return up the taxi-way... Paul - you ain't too far away... Your book will be done around then, right? ...A booth near the displayed cars perhaps??

The cool thing is we can arrange your GT/CS in front of a P-51 for pictures and display during and after the event. Mark your calendar & let me know if you would like to participate. I can insert this into the plan...

I'm not openning it up to "all cars" due to lacking ramp space - but I'll do any CSs, Shelbys, Machs or Bosses exclusive to our group (by RSVP) if interested.

Just let me know :)

Attachments

• IM000600e.jpg
    IM000600e.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 3mustangs.jpg
    3mustangs.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 27
  • web0021 copy.jpg
    web0021 copy.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 21
  • timannounce.jpg
    timannounce.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 25
  • aa2e.jpg
    aa2e.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 51e.jpg
    51e.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 18
P

PNewitt

This sounds really interesting! I'm both shocked and honored to be asked to attend. Sounds really cool! I also have a love for those P-51s, too!! Rolls-Royce engines at speed--I know that sound from miles away (the sound of WWII freedom!).

It's a toss up whether I go to Salt Lake for the SAAC convention (same time), so we'll see how it pans out.

I truly appreciate your invitation, Tim.

Paul.

p.s. know of any 390 Highland Green GT/CSs full of FoMoCo parts that just might be there?

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

PNewitt said:
This sounds really interesting! I'm both shocked and honored to be asked to attend. Sounds really cool! I also have a love for those P-51s, too!! Rolls-Royce engines at speed--I know that sound from miles away (the sound of WWII freedom!).

It's a toss up whether I go to Salt Lake for the SAAC convention (same time), so we'll see how it pans out.

I truly appreciate your invitation, Tim.

Paul.

p.s. know of any 390 Highland Green GT/CSs full of FoMoCo parts that just might be there?

...He darn well better be! ...that is; if he's not too busy writing parking tickets for VIPs parking in the handicapped zone....Again ;-)

In addition to Saturday's AirFest, we're having a Big Band show and (swing) dinner/ dance on Friday night where we dine & dance to '40s "Glenn Miller" surrounded by WWII airplanes, military vehicles and a suprise air raid! Two AT-6s dressed up as Zeros buzz the event w/ (acetylene) machine guns blazing... We then scramble two fighter planes to dogfight & chase them away. It's a kick! About 1000 people attend...

Paul, I like to include as many interesting people and side attractions in the announcer's stand as possible to make it a well rounded (family oriented) event (not just for plane buffs). The GT/CS warrants such an addition. I look forward Mike proudly displaying his car w/ information booth and media to kick off his BBQ to culminate in bigger media in August!!

We've been very successful in the past - but it takes Big Buck$... I'll be busy getting sponsors for the next three months & keep you posted via the AirFest website to be set up in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned. :))

Attachments

• hoser.jpg
    hoser.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 20
  • seafury2.jpg
    seafury2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 18
  • web0016.jpg
    web0016.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 13
  • web0030.jpg
    web0030.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 14
  • web0009.jpg
    web0009.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 20
  • web0010.jpg
    web0010.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 21
  • web0011.jpg
    web0011.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 19
  • web0012.jpg
    web0012.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 22

harryz

Airshow

Hmm... Mustangs, WarBirds, and barbeque all at the same event... almost makes me wish I had not moved from California to Hawaii.... almost....

Sounds like a great event, wish I could be there!

Harry Z.

LovinMyStang

I am very interested in joining this event if possible. It sounds like a great time, if possible email me or send an IM to me. :smile:

I have an '07 GT/CS Convertable. Id love to get a small road trip in this thing still have less than 300mi on it.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

I am very interested in joining this event if possible. It sounds like a great time, if possible email me or send an IM to me. :smile:

I have an '07 GT/CS Convertable. Id love to get a small road trip in this thing still have less than 300mi on it.

Thank you and Welcome to the site!
Hmm... An '07 GT/CS convertable...

Perhaps if Chuck Yeager or Dick Rutan joins us again, we can have you parade them along the taxi-way for the audience? There will be other dignitaries who may also enjoy such a ride. 'Has possibilities! :)

Stay tuned for details as we develope.

Attachments

• 446215-R1-22.jpg
    446215-R1-22.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 18