• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Color of the tail light panel on 'Little Red'

DAR1

Does anyone know either from color pictures or seeing the car in the '60's - the color of the tailight panel for 'Little Red' I have only the B&W images and there it looks light colored. This leads me to believe it may be Argent silver like the '68 Shelbys.
Any information would help,
Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• little_red_allsides2.jpg
    little_red_allsides2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 18

Talan423

dan- i have a rear color photo of the al holstein lil red clone . it is actually a card from the 1992 set of mustang cards. the rear panel is silver (same as the 68 shelby). whether or not this is an exact replica, i don't know. paul newitt might know. i hope this helps.

tom

P

PNewitt

Yes, it is the same silver (argent) as the '68 Shelby.

In fact, that Lil Red taillight panel color was a styling experiment for 1968--and as you can see, they used it.

Whatever the proper Shelby color code for that silver is, use that.

Paul.

OP
OP
D

DAR1

Thanks guys - I appreciate the info. I will post pictures when the car is finished.
Dan

OP
OP
D

DAR1

Sure.
The shop that is doing the body is moving to a larger space at the end of this month so there will be a delay. When it is done I will send some pics.
Dan