• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Editing of Previous Posts not always available

BroadwayBlue

Jon (or if someone else knows)

How come we can't edit all of our prior posts?

I thought it was only if the post started a thread, which kind of made sense in my IT head that if you deleted it, it would delete the whole thread and everything under it.

But I'm noticing that there are other posts in the middle of threads that don't give the "edit" option.

Or is it, as soon as there's another post after it you can't edit it?

Is it time based? (After a certain amount of time you can't go back and re-edit?)

Just curious. The IT guy in me needs to know ... Thanks!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It's a time frame limit. The idea is to prevent someone from getting all ticked off and going back and erasing or editing all their past posts. That could really cause a lot of confusion for those searching for answers in the archive.

I admit the default time is a little short (3 days) so I could bump it up if people feel the need. Or I can always edit the occasional post for you.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. I understand the reasoning.

A few more days might be helpful. But if everyone else is fine no big deal. Sometimes I go back after a few days and re-read one my posts and realize there is a typo, missing word or something that I missed the first time around.

Thanks as always!