• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Presidential Blue Color Formula

BigJim

This winter the CS is getting a badly needed paint job. The question is what is the formula for presidential blue? I ask because we've seen 2 different colors called 68 Ford presidential blue.

Thanks

clubpro

Jim,

Here are the codes that I have for the different paint manufacturers.

Ford Color Code - M3061
Ditzler-PPG 13356
Dupont 4866L, 4866, 4866D

Cheers,

Ron

dalorzo_f

The problem with the old codes is finding a current match.

Different modern makes will all vary for the "same" color. Especially in the new water based formulas.

If you have a known original patch in good condition (hidden under carpet or protected inner area), the best course of action is to get it color matched, spray a small test piece and verify the color is what you want...

Ruppstang

I can look at the color codes on dads GTCS I just posted if you like it. I think it is pretty close. We went through several tests before we chose that one.
Marty

AADaddy

Jim you'll have to keep me posted on what color you land on! I will probably get my car in for paint next winter. I'll have to make sure to get the right color so we match if we ever show up at the same show locally! :smile:

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

The problem with the old codes is finding a current match.

Different modern makes will all vary for the "same" color. Especially in the new water based formulas.

If you have a known original patch in good condition (hidden under carpet or protected inner area), the best course of action is to get it color matched, spray a small test piece and verify the color is what you want...

Water based? My painter refuses to use water based paints. As he says water based paint is for the inside of your house.

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

Jim,

Here are the codes that I have for the different paint manufacturers.

Ford Color Code - M3061
Ditzler-PPG 13356
Dupont 4866L, 4866, 4866D

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks, I'll pass these on to my painter.

dalorzo_f