• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 Mustang GT Coupe Project

stangfan

To my knowledge in 1967 you still had to have a the "A" code 289 as a minimum for the GT package. This is from the 1995 30th GT package anniversary edition of Mustang Monthly and from the original Ford option package data.

Rob

You may be correct Rob, but I just checked the Mustang Recognition Guide put out by the editors of Mustang Monthly, and it says under GT Equipment Group "The GT Equipment Group was available on any 1967 Mustang equipped with one of the 4 V-8 engines."

robert campbell

The 3.25 ratio makes it a 9 inch.
The tough one is the 3.00 which was available in 8 and 9. Ford used the same code. I have had 2 Code E 3.00 ratio 68 GT J cars and both were 4 speed.
One cool thing for 68 was the only way to get a 9 inch was the GT option. In 67 the minimum engine was the K code so the A code GT was still a 8 inch.

Agreed! I have seen many 8 inch 1967 GT cars. And with single exhaust.

Rob

robert campbell

You may be correct Rob, but I just checked the Mustang Recognition Guide put out by the editors of Mustang Monthly, and it says under GT Equipment Group "The GT Equipment Group was available on any 1967 Mustang equipped with one of the 4 V-8 engines."

Steve,
I stand corrected, but have not seen a C code 1967 GT or GTA. According to this link to original Ford option literature on page 19 it indicates exactly what you said. "all models with V8 engines" could be equipped with the Gt option package.

Rob

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2013/11/18/1967_Mustang_Specs.pdf

sportyworty

I will post a C code 1967 GT tomorrow when on my PC and access to documents. Pretty rare just the same.

sportyworty

You are right Guy apologize. Look on the bright side it is keeping the listing active and people reading it.

OP
OP
G

Guyman

Still got the GT., it's a great project!!!...Real GT., J code. Rust Free California car always in the valley!...get it before I decide to keep it....The High Country is sold.

thanks., Guy