• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on CL

Don

What is a non-highway title?

Would assume non-op registration. Weird tho' the ad implies that it currently has a salvage title and infers that is the case because it changed from the "highway title" to what it is now. Sounds fishy to me. Typically if the title was clean, prior to going to non-op, it should have a clean title. If a car is not used on the road (I.E. undergoing lengthy storage/restoration etc.) registration is switched to non-operation to avoid annual registration fees.

Last edited:

Don

Pretty steep for an unfinished, salvage titled, 289 car.

Tough to say. Salvage titles do have a bad stigma but it does not necessarily mean the car had any serious problems. This car would need a thorough inspection (as do all cars) to determine a fair price.

GregL

Tough to say. Salvage titles do have a bad stigma but it does not necessarily mean the car had any serious problems. This car would need a thorough inspection (as do all cars) to determine a fair price.

"I purchased the car in 1994 from the second owner who had the all the body repair work done in the early 90's"

Sounds like a hit and fix to me.
Just sayin'.....

Don

"I purchased the car in 1994 from the second owner who had the all the body repair work done in the early 90's"

Sounds like a hit and fix to me.
Just sayin'.....

In 1994 book value of GT/CS was probably very low and cost to repair, even a minor fender bender, could easily have been cause for an insurance company to "total" the car. If the repairs were well done and the car is in good shape it could be a good car and good value.