• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Selling My 1968 GT/CS

GTCSMustang

I have decided to sell my 1968 Mustang GT/CS.

I will try to take some pictures very soon but wanted to post the basic information for people who might be interested.

I purchased the car from the original owner (WWII B-29 pilot - pacific theater) in San Diego California. The car was purchased new in San Diego and has spent its entire life in southern California. The car still retains the original California black and yellow license plates and the original dealer license plate frames from University Ford in San Diego.

The car is a true GT/CS and is verified by the Marti report. The car has the VIN tag intact on the dash and the data tag is also still intact on the driver’s door.

Basic information on the car from the Marti report:

VIN 8R01J167775

Lime Gold paint
Ivy Gold standard interior
Scheduled for build on July 3, 1968
Los Angeles DSO (71)
3.00 standard axle ratio
C-4 automatic transmission

Additional options:
California Special
C-4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission
F70X40 Wide Oval Tires
White Sidewall Nylon Tires
Power Steering
Air Conditioner – Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Remote Control Left Hand Mirror
Chrome Styled Steel Wheels

I also have the original window sticker for the car showing all the options on the Marti report and that it was delivered to University Ford in San Diego.

I have the original purchase order for the car showing the VIN, owner’s name, options, and price that it sold for on 9/8/1968. It also shows that power brakes were added at the time of sale by the selling dealership. The PO is original, not a copy.

I have the original owner’s manual with owner’s name and VIN filled in on the inside of the cover along with dealership stamp and oil changes documented through 1971. I also have the other glove box paperwork (safety guide, warranty book)

I have every registration from 1968 through 1993.

I have the metal temporary owner card and plate, and the plastic warranty identification card.

This is the best documented GT/CS I’ve seen.

The car still retains its original paint (never painted), interior (seats, dash, and carpet), engine, and fiberglass. The paint and interior show their age and depending on your preference might need redone. The car starts, runs, and drives well and needs nothing as far as I know.

I’ll try to get the car out and take pictures in the next couple of days. I don’t have a price yet but I will be realistic. If you would like to call me I can be reached at 760-371-4466 or at calfulfam@aol.com. If calling please be aware that I am on PST.

Thanks,

Scott Fuller

390cs68rcode

For anyone wanting this car I would like to say I have bought 2 cars from Scott sight unseen and each car was better than described. You have absolutely nothing to worry about when buying from Scott.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Yea, but the rare one is the HCS (thank you again Bob Teets for turning me on to it).

Scott

CALIF GIRL

I can not help myself. I have to chime in. Scott is a stand up guy and knows his cars. Whoever buys a car from him will get a car as described and there will be no hidden,or covered up problems.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Thanks for the interest by everyone, but the car was sold to the first person that contacted me.

Scott