• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 CS and HCS Coffee Table Book

hookedtrout

First I want to apologize for the length, I have a short version and although it was to the point I just didn't feel it covered all of the details that needed brought out so please read my offer, no need to formally request to be a part at this point, I will formalize how you can be included I just want to offer this and get some buzz back.

Several months ago I stumbled on to a web site www.blurb.com that allows you to become a writer over night with very little effort and no investment. You don’t even have to buy your book when you get done if you don’t like it. I thought it looked like a ton of fun so I took up the challenge of writing my own life history both in word and photo and then published the book. I have since written a total of 6 books 2 of which are photo books and they all turned out awesome.

I would like to volunteer (free of charge) to do a coffee table book around the 1968 CS and HCS cars and family. I would love to include all years but the books are limited to a specific # of pages and we simply wouldn’t have enough space to include all years at this point. I love the new CS’s and it’s my goal to one day have one in the garage next to my original CS it’s just not in the cards at this point. I will say this, if this turns into something that people absolutely love and someone wants to take on the challenge of going to the next step and do a book on the new CS’s, I would certainly help out anyway I could and I’m here to tell you just about anybody with a PC can do the blurb.com thing.

The book is going to be along the lines of a brief history of what a 1968 CS and HCS are as well as a little history around this web site and how this great web site brought us all together and turned us into one big CS/HCS family and then it will be a photo album of sorts giving anyone that owns a 1968 CS or HCS and is a member of this web site a chance to take up a couple of pages in the book by giving me a brief description on one page which I will help direct with a questionnaire type process of some sorts yet to be determined. And a page of photos of your CS or in Tim’s case beautiful CS'ssssss. ;) Just to be clear, this book isn’t going to be a detailed book around the inner workings and development of the CS or HCS but rather a coffee table book to show your friends what the special life is all about in relation to the 1968 GT/CS and HCS.

I want to put an emphasis on the fact that there is no obligation to buy a book, none at all, you can submit your information and it will be a part of the book and move on if you can't afford to buy or don't want to buy a book. By utilizing the web site blurb.com I can write this book, have it published and there is no obligation to buy any books, if you want one you will simply order it and pay the cost of the book which is completely dependent upon the type of book and pages in it. The books I’ve written so far have cost me around $50 to $60 each for hard bound book with shipping, soft bound books are less, either way the books are priceless books in my opinion because they are about me and my life, I’d have paid 3 times that much for them. There is no profit on my part, the company Blurb will make a profit off each book you buy and I'm in no way associated with Blurb I just found them on a whim and have written my personal life journals using their service and have been amazed at the quality they do so I'm now offering to do a similar thing for everyone here with a 1968 CS or HCS. As this post takes off and we get an idea of how many members want to be included I will start the process of giving you some idea on what it will cost, we must know how many pages to determine cost. In the mean time take a look at blurb.com if you are interested in how this works, there is a link below.

Utilizing the link below you can preview a few pages of a book that someone has created by clicking on the book to see what it is all about, bare in mind the price on this book is set by the author to make a profit so the price has nothing to do with what our book will be priced at, I have no intention of making any profit, you can check the price layout on the blurb web by clicking the pricing tab and then clicking the standard landscape. I am guessing we will do a Standard Landscape and if you buy a book you can buy either hard or soft the choice would be yours, pages will depend on how well received this little adventure of mine is taken. I’d be willing to bet there are others out there like me that find this site amazing and take off on your own doing some family history books or personal photo books, I’ve sure had a blast.

I hope this 1968 CS/HCS book turns out to be something everyone finds a lot of joy in, I’m excited to be a part and I hope everyone sees my offer to do this simply for what it is, an offer to bring something back to this wonderful family that I’ve enjoyed so much over the years, a way to share back with those that have sent me templates on where emblems go and suggestions for my problems when I’ve been stumped, all by creating a photo album book for everyone to enjoy.

Here’s the link.

http://tinyurl.com/cgfqvr

Thanks, Cory

Mosesatm

Great idea!

Sort of a californiaspecial.com class of 2009 yearbook!

PFSlim

Cory

I think it is a great idea. With permission from Renee (PonyGal), I would be happy to contribute pictures of the Foster GT/CS and provide information about our restoration. Let me know if you have an interest.

Paul

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory

I think it is a great idea. With permission from Renee (PonyGal), I would be happy to contribute pictures of the Foster GT/CS and provide information about our restoration. Let me know if you have an interest.

Paul

Absolutely Paul!

Thanks

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Outstanding idea - we love our cars. I think that it would be a great Mothers Day gift. Doug

Thanks Doug, I'm thinking Mothers day is a bit too close of a deadline but I'll see what we can do. ;)

Cory

Midnight Special

Cory, that is outstanding! Count me in, but I promise to do a group shot and general feature rather than detail each car. I really hope everyone pitches in! What a great way to share what we do! (now I can take this computer off of the coffee table & put it back where it goes;-)

Incidently; We did one of those books for our family's participation in our local air show. The quality is outstanding! It is very much the "high end" book!
Thank you Cory!!

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory, that is outstanding! Count me in, but I promise to do a group shot and general feature rather than detail each car. I really hope everyone pitches in! What a great way to share what we do! (now I can take this computer off of the coffee table & put it back where it goes;-)

Incidently; We did one of those books for our family's participation in our local air show. The quality is outstanding! It is very much the "high end" book!
Thank you Cory!!

You're welcome Tim, I think it will really surprise those not familiar with blurb books and I hope all 68 CS and HCS owners take the opportunity to be a part of this so you are in the book.

Cory

Perkchiro

Wonderful Idea Cory. I know it will be a great addition to my coffee table. Count me in!

PonyGal

Hey Cory,

That is a wonderful idea!! Count me in too!! Can I still do a page if PFSlim contributes his story on my car??

Paul,

I would love to have you do a couple of pages on the Stevenson/Foster GT/CS!! Hopefully I can follow that with my story (
faint.gif
)

BroadwayBlue

Sounds like it could be fun - I'm sure a lot of owners have a good story to share.

He didn't say Mother's Day of what year Cory :smile:

What if I don't have a coffee table? :eek:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'd definitely buy it. Sounds like a great idea. I've played with a couple of books from other make-your-own type sites and they've been OK, but not great. Sounds like these are pretty high quality.

I won't be submitting my HCS (it's nothing to look at in it's current state) but would be happy to send you some of the pics I've taken at various shows. I'll PM you for details.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Hey Cory,

That is a wonderful idea!! Count me in too!! Can I still do a page if PFSlim contributes his story on my car??

Paul,

I would love to have you do a couple of pages on the Stevenson/Foster GT/CS!! Hopefully I can follow that with my story (
faint.gif
)

All will be well, we will take care of you both for sure, that's what this is all about. The whole 68 family.

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I'd definitely buy it. Sounds like a great idea. I've played with a couple of books from other make-your-own type sites and they've been OK, but not great. Sounds like these are pretty high quality.

I won't be submitting my HCS (it's nothing to look at in it's current state) but would be happy to send you some of the pics I've taken at various shows. I'll PM you for details.

It means a ton to me to have your support Jon, and don't let the state of your car deter you from including it, my CS is about as faded and in need of a total makeover as a car can get and I'm going to shoot it the way it is and include some old how it used to be and will be again some day photos

Thanks again for your support.

Cory

BroadwayBlue

IMO this should not be only about restored show cars but cars in any condition.

That's what the book is about - the story of you, your CS and the ownership experience - I say include it regardless if you have a story to tell.

Heck Jon you got a website for rusting cars and they make books on them I think everyone that wants to tell their story should do so regardless of the condition of their car.

OK I think I just gave Cory more work to do with more stories :icon_pani

Last edited:

Doug

Come on submit your car as is - than when the 2nd edition comes out we'll all have a reference point. BTW all GT/CS & HCS are great in any condition.

franklinair

Holy smokers!! With all these wanting to be included, will there be room for mine?:eek:

Neil

robert campbell

Cory,
What a great idea! I did not even know that sites like this existed! We just finished a family scrap book and this would have been so much easier! I went into the site and previewed a couple books! They look VERY professional! Count me IN!

Will you be sending some specifics on how to submit our cars soon?

Rob

robert campbell

Cory,
Again WOW! I am just absorbing all of what you wrote!!

No money up front?
Anyone member can enter their GT/CS or HCS for free?
Then we buy it from blurb.com when it is done?

I CANNOT thank you enough for taking this on! How cool will this book be at a local cruise night or car show! The very car they are looking at is in a book!

WOW!

Rob