• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on ebay

nineofive

I was most impressed by the paint job, hardly any overspray!

In the words of Will Darnell: ya can't polish a t_rd
quoted from the movie Christine and cleaned up a bit

OP
OP
speedy02

speedy02

Yeah the bottom car is only 45mins away from me I need to drive up and look at it. However I see driver side emblem is missing and rocker panel moldings. I wonder what the reserve is?

Mosesatm

Good catch. I didn't notice the missing script and that leads to a few other issues.

Hmmmmmm, this car may not be as nice as I first thought. My guess is that it has been hit fairly hard on the driver's side.

Along with the missing script check out the adjustment setting of the camber bolt and compare the caster adjustment settings on the strut rods. Both adjustments are pretty close to maxed out on the driver's side.

If I were looking to buy this car I'd spend $70 at an alignment shop to see if it can be aligned to within specs, or maybe even a frame shop.

And it has a broken valance near the parking light and one of the hood pins is horizontal!

Is this an optical illusion or is there a wrinkle in the frame?

<slowly backing away>

Attachments

• DSC07617.jpg
    DSC07617.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 38

CougarCJ

Arlie, I think what you are seeing is the driver side lower radiator bracket.