• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Emblem location on quarter panels

mz1t7f

I had new quarter panels installed. The body shop did not re-install the "California Special" emblems and is now out of business. Does anyone have the exact location?

Thanks in advance

dalorzo_f

Early or late? IIRC the very early cars had them higher up than the majority... on the road and it looks like I did not post a sketch I did a while ago on line... if no one else posts info I can dig it up when I get home this weekend...

x-codegtcs

There is a drawing in the latest registry book but for me a little vague on the "zero" line. I pulled the pattern off another GT/CS to get it right. Make sure you find out if yours is the early (Feb 68) or later GT/CS

hookedtrout

Did you get the location sorted out? If not I can make you a template for it assuming it's in the standard location and not the early location.

OP
OP
M

mz1t7f

Still need exact location

I need to ask this question again. Long story...

I'm trying to find the exact location of the California Special scripts on the quarter panels. It was built April 30th, so not the early model location.

Thank you in advance for your help

hookedtrout

I have templates of the location, I could make you a template and send it to you.

OP
OP
M

mz1t7f

The template would be great

Cory,

I've not gotten the location worked out. If you could send me templates, that would be fantastic. I sent you a message with my email or you can message me here for logistics.

Thank you,
Mike