• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Seat belt question

classicsguy

Does the 1968 GT/CS have shoulder seat belts too? I thought that lap belt was the only one from factory.

CougarCJ

I think by January 1968 shoulder belts were mandatory by the DOT?

RU_SPCL2

That's correct. All vehicles built after January 1, 1968 were required to have shoulder harnesses, ergo, all GT/CS and 68 HCS should have had them, although many that I have seen have "lost" them over the years.

Caveat emptor - I have installed them in my GT/CS since I enjoy having them for originality's sake, but they're somewhat inconvenient/uncomfortable to wear.

retroman99

i have the belts ie the part mounted to the headliner but dont know what the other end clips into dont see a place on the lap belt is it a seperat belt anybody got a picture hady or can discribe what im missing on my car

whodat

Is that considered deluxe belts on the option sheet?

Mosesatm

i have the belts ie the part mounted to the headliner but dont know what the other end clips into dont see a place on the lap belt is it a seperat belt anybody got a picture hady or can discribe what im missing on my car

There should be two belts bolted to the floor on the driveline hump. Two on each side for a total of four.