• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rainy Weather?!

BrandonB

Do any of you drive your GT/CS' or HCS' in rainy weather? I was just wondering becuase I dont see why rain would be bad for the car since its first years of life back in 68 and so on its been in the rain atleast once in its life ya know? Its just that everyone always says they wont drive theres am I missing something? I wont drive mine in the snow thats for sure but until I know why rain is bad I guess Lucy will get a little wet.

Anyone please post if Yes you do drive in rain or No you do not drive in rain, and your reason behind it if you DO NOT. or if you do drive in it but know why you shouldnt.

Sorry for writing so much and making it sound like an essay :-[

cmacias24

I drive mine everyday, rain or shine. When I first started I did not have the heater so it got real foggy but after I fixed that I've never thought twice. Just keep your distance.

darb

Well, the reason I tend to keep the car out of the rain is due to the weather seals.

Sure, back in 68 you could drive your car rain or shine with no problems...but if you haven't replaced your weather stripping...that's 35 year old gaps/dings/tears/wear/crumbles that has built up....

If your car is leaky because of the weather stripping, you'll have some problems in the rain. So - replace the weather stripping, and check for leaks...rain won't hurt anything.

If my car gets wet, I tend to get it back in the garage when I'm home and dry it off inside the door, and under the trunk lid...wherever water might sit for an extended period of time and create unwanted results.

-Brad

bish

I try not to drive my HCS in the rain because I show the car and it's just takes too long to clean the damn thing after driving in a rain storm. Being I live in michigan, I also never drive it in the winter months.
However, if mine was not up to concours standards, then hell ya, I'd drive it in the rain.

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Its cool getting everyones opinions I do need to fix my weather stripping soon my CS does leak so it'll be soon.

Sarge

I do NOT drive mine in the rain, simply because there are so many poor "rain drivers" in the Bay Area that I am not willing to risk it getting hit by someone else's driving habits. Color me cautious.....

Robert