• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Info on X code GTCS

kwemj67

Hi there,
As being an new person to your form, I was looking for production numbers on X code 68 GTCS's. I know most were 289/302, but was wondering on how many x code's they produced?. I'm going today to look at this car, and wanted to have a little info behind me. It is an original owner car that has been parked in the garage since 1974, 90K miles, original blue interior, and I believe Gulf Stream Aqua exterior color. Any help would be appreciated. It is not in your registry, yet!. Thank's . Kelley.

Mosesatm

Hi there,
As being an new person to your form, I was looking for production numbers on X code 68 GTCS's. I know most were 289/302, but was wondering on how many x code's they produced?. I'm going today to look at this car, and wanted to have a little info behind me. It is an original owner car that has been parked in the garage since 1974, 90K miles, original blue interior, and I believe Gulf Stream Aqua exterior color. Any help would be appreciated. It is not in your registry, yet!. Thank's . Kelley.

There were 76 X-codes and they were all automatics

hicountrybob

There were 76 X-codes and they were all automatics
YES, sir, and that 76 includes the 1 ONLY X code High Country Special that I OWN, which Kevin Marti shows on my elite report, " 4,118 were ordered with the GT/CS option, 251 were High Country Specials, 1 was ordered with 390-2V engine, This is that car". OUR true 1 of 1 Vin. 8R01X168079, DSO 51. What a find and I didn't even know it when we bought it years ago. I think when an X code Cal. Special is be found, JUMP ON IT. We all know that any S code (390-4V) Cal. Sp. seldom and even more rarely a S code HCS become available, but an X code? WHEW? It can only add, BIG TIME, to your 401 investments, etc. HUH? And sometimes we have to step up to the plate $ wise to buy an uncommon, unique, or rare car. Ask Scott Fuller (428-HCS purchase) and look how much your own car has jumped just this past year. (I hope he's able to get it). Respectfully submitted, High Country Bob here.

GTCS07

I used to have a x-code GT coupe, it was a blue auto trans. car, I never understood why anyone would want a 2bbl big block in '68. 2- 4s was more like it. My research at the time I owned it said only 2 GT coupes were built. ('96)