• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Side Scoops

Maine gt/cs

I have read that if someone is looking to buy original or re-pop side scoops, look for a witness line. Could someone please explain to me what this witness line is and where it is located on the scoop. Thanks for any information.

Tim

OP
OP
Maine gt/cs

Maine gt/cs

Thank you for the info gt/csj4. I also have a candy apple red j code 4 speed. 10 months into the restoration and almost done. Should be back on the road in 2 weeks. Just in time for the winter. Oh well, will be ready for the next driving season. Thanks again for your reply

Tim

gt/csj4

Thank you for the info gt/csj4. I also have a candy apple red j code 4 speed. 10 months into the restoration and almost done. Should be back on the road in 2 weeks. Just in time for the winter. Oh well, will be ready for the next driving season. Thanks again for your reply

Tim

Very nice! I am sorta "just starting" my resto, but the engine is out and is about done, the 4 speed is a bit of a problem (3rd gear is rounded off really bad) but nonetheless, I should have it back from paint in Jan, so that the motor and trans can go back in. The entire underside has been stripped meanwhile, and is awaiting red oxide, just verifying code specific items, but I "hope" to have it up at Steamboat Springs: Mustang Roundup for the 2013 up and coming class cause as anal retentive as a I am, this car will never be done. :wink:

I'm going to send you a P.M to talk more about our cars as I am curious on your cars lineage, and back-round

Cheers,
Joe