• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 No progress since 2014 - time to sell again?

bassman2

I haven't posted since 2014 - and I'm once again contemplating what to do with my CS. I had 2 cars and sold one in 2014 to Neil.

My other CS is 85% put back together after a rotisserie job... Rebuilt engine, tranny, rear end, disc breaks, shelby drop, steering, complete rewire, new interior.... I still need to finish restoring the center console, reinstall all glass, doors, hood, and put last bit of fluids in car... and start the thing.

It sits in my shop about 3-4 miles away from my house. So it's not as easy as getting up from my computer and working in my garage... I've been working on wood projects and gun projects instead!

I'm so close to done, but it's been 2 years in that condition.

Time to punt or someone give me a swift kick in the ... to get motivated.

(Damn near same thread I started before I sold my last car) :confused:

dalorzo_f

Well... maybe wait for warmer weather and go take a look to remotivate.

Know what you mean, have a GT S coupe in the same state. 5 years under a tarp, engine broken in, final interior/misc visual/trim stuff to finish... but just lost the spark. But 3 other cars take the edge off!

Once it is gone, it is gone!!! Just be sure the hole in the garage won't be a reminder of "what if"! :wink:

franklinair

"Don't give up the ship."!
I feel your frustration. To me, it's a big factor for convenience of location of a workshop.
2 to 3 miles away (especially with weather in the NW) would definitely cramp my style & motivation. My homes always had a 2 car garage that was my workshop. Here, in NC I have the luxury of a heated & well lit 'work hangar' where I can be found every day. This way I can work on my car and keep an eye on any aircraft work in progress.
Sounds like you've come too far to toss in the towel on your current CS.

(I'm just NOW starting on your Black CS that I bought.) It will continue to be Black- with a Deluxe Gold interior & Gold CS striping. It's going to the paint shop this month. (Seats are already done, and I've got most of the interior 'stuff'.)

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
B

bassman2

Thanks for the kick in the pants Rob! I need it.

Neil - Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Please keep us all posted!

whodat

I wish mine was that close. Mine is over 60 miles away in a storage. I usually have to rent a room to get 2 days in a row.