• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Tilt connector - Neutral Safety Switch & starter Relay

Tequila

Hello,
I am adding a tilt steering column to my car and wondering if anyone could help confirm whether I am connecting the two ends of the tilt harness to the correct connectors (to the neutral safety switch and to the starter relay).

I found a 4 prong squared connector (see pic) from the main harness that has the following colors: blue/yellow, pink, red/blue, red/yellow, red/green, green/red.

The tilt harness has the following colored connectors: black, red/blue, blue/yellow, green/red. I was expecting the colors to be the same but since they are different I want to make sure if I have the right connectors.

I tried to trace the schematics but not 100% sure. If anyone familiar with the tilt mechanism could help me that would be great.

Thank you
Reggi

Attachments

• must3.jpg
    must3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 35
  • Must 2.jpg
    Must 2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Must1.jpg
    Must1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 30

Ruppstang

Yes I think that is the correct connector. I think that is the only one there that the tilt harness will connect to.

Marty

robert campbell

A world of its own in the Mustang hobby! I do not know "doody" about these systems!! Thank the Lord for guys like Marty and Neil!!

Rob

OP
OP
T

Tequila

A lot of folks on this site have helped in my 5 year journey. Both Marty and Neil have been super helpful. Thank you!!!

Seeing light at the end of the tunnel.