• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 Mustang Gt/CS X Code FOR SALE!

JohnnyQuest515

SOLD

Possible sale of my 1968 Raven Black X Code 390 FE BIG Block/C6 AUTO in pursuit of a Shelby. All reasonable offers over $29K will be considered.

Pictures in my gallery for your viewing pleasure! ( link below )

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=456

Rare pony 1 of 476 total production of Mustangs with this Engine.
1 of 76 California Special with this Engine. Elite Marti Report states 1 of 1 with this equipment. California black plate and docs going back to 76 in my possession.

Engine rebuilt approx. 3500 miles ago, recent paint/stripes installed.
Over $12,000 spent from rebuilding the engine, to transmission, shocks, new exhaust and suspension pieces from previous owner. I have installed new coolant lines to transmission, new coolant lines to radiator, new battery, new front springs, various front suspension pieces, power brakes, voltage regulator, Shelby wheels with BF Goodrich Tires, Engine Dress up kit, all original parts go with the car. I am in the process of re-doing the dash and have all parts to complete that with new seat covers and new carpet bought here in the forum. I also bought new trim for wheel wells and roof trim.

Driver condition, has come a long way since my last two plus years.

Please send requests to:

randal at zeecon dot com

Thanks, Randy

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnnyQuest515

JohnnyQuest515

I have found a 1968 Shelby GT350 HERTZ car in decent shape but still needs a lot of TLC.

I will still come here to keep up with these wonderful cars.

Randy

Ruppstang

Congrats. Randy,
We need pictures! I did not know that there were 68 Hertz Shelbys? Marty

NosAvrenim

SOLD and going to its new home in Virginia :smile:

Well, she made it back safe and sound to VA.
Randy, great meeting you and best of luck with the Shelby. She's a beauty.
Lots of great compliments from the neighbors so far and looking to finally take her out this weekend now that the weather is cooperating.

Cheers!

Also, I've been reviewing this forum for a while and glad to finally make my first post (of many)!

franklinair

Congratulations! You're going to love that car. And welcome to our site. Lots of good folks & information here.
I go to Alexandria 3 or 4 times a year to visit my daughter & family (especially grand children!). It would be nice to meet you (and admire your new car)

Neil Hoppe

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Congratulations! You're going to love that car. And welcome to our site. Lots of good folks & information here.
I go to Alexandria 3 or 4 times a year to visit my daughter & family (especially grand children!). It would be nice to meet you (and admire your new car)

Neil Hoppe

Maybe you two can pick up Rich and caravan to Denver in 2011. That sight would blow some east-coast minds!

Mustanglvr

Well, she made it back safe and sound to VA.
Randy, great meeting you and best of luck with the Shelby. She's a beauty.
Lots of great compliments from the neighbors so far and looking to finally take her out this weekend now that the weather is cooperating.

Cheers!

Also, I've been reviewing this forum for a while and glad to finally make my first post (of many)!

Welcome to the site NosAvrenim!!!:smile:

OP
OP
JohnnyQuest515

JohnnyQuest515

Here is a quick peek of my new toy. It needs lots of work and my GT/CS was 10 times better shape!

Randy

Attachments

• gt350_driverside.jpg
    gt350_driverside.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 88

gofastguy

What is going on out in Denver? Always up for a good road trip.

Road trips can be great fun, but those 390's DO use a lot of fuel...I know this because I have been out of gas along the road being passed by Amish buggies when I thought I must have at least a quarter of a tank left!!

NosAvrenim

Road trips can be great fun, but those 390's DO use a lot of fuel...I know this because I have been out of gas along the road being passed by Amish buggies when I thought I must have at least a quarter of a tank left!!

Good point. That's why I've been considering the 22gal fuel tank mod from the May '10 issue of Mustang Monthly. Won't help on mpg, but maybe I'll go longer between fill-ups (depending on how heavy my foot is).

hookedtrout

As long as you don't get farther away from the gas station before you run out. ;-) Guess it's all in how you look at it.

I've only run out of gas once in my life. She was so pretty I couldn't take my eyes off her and never looked at the gas guage, got a nice walk with her until some preacher picked us up and gave us a ride. Pretty good day actually.

rvrtrash

Most of you have heard my run out of gas story before. My buddies CS died within sight of the gas station. After a short debate, pulled the bottle of Everclear out from under the seat and poured it in the tank. Car started and ran--really good actually. I stopped drinking Everclear that night. Didn't want to drink anything that made a car run.

Steve

Mustanglvr

Most of you have heard my run out of gas story before. My buddies CS died within sight of the gas station. After a short debate, pulled the bottle of Everclear out from under the seat and poured it in the tank. Car started and ran--really good actually. I stopped drinking Everclear that night. Didn't want to drink anything that made a car run.

Steve

Yep, that South Dakota alcohol will get you everytime, lol. :wink:

obwan93001

Wow Randy! What a beautiful Shelby!

I totally agree Rhonda! That is one beautiful Shelby. My dream, I repeat, dream car is the '68.5 Mustang Shelby GT500KR black on black. I woulda drooled on a nice blue one I saw in the Galpin Auto Sports museum the day of the GT/CS 40th celebration if it wasn't roped off!

Enjoy it Randy and mos def let us know how things progress w/her.

Oscar